Talk

Advanced search

Bare skin mineral makeup!

(15 Posts)
Skivvywoman Mon 31-Mar-14 18:28:49

Has anyone tried this cheaper version of bare minerals?

I ordered it from amazon it got fab reviews and it's came today so will try tomorrow, but was just wondering if any you ladies have tried it

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 31-Mar-14 19:17:00

I'd be interested to see what you think of it, I've often dithered over trying it. Please update when you've tried itsmile

Skivvywoman Mon 31-Mar-14 19:40:45

I will do dame, fingers crossed it's good smile

MamaMary Mon 31-Mar-14 19:43:54

Never heard of it, but I like Bare Minerals, so yes, do tell what you think.

Skivvywoman Mon 31-Mar-14 19:59:19

I've tried googling it mama and I think it's only amazon and eBay who sells it, I've been using the jml one and I really like it but thought if try this can't afford the bm just nowhmm

DarylDixonsDarlin Tue 01-Apr-14 09:45:00

Skivvy, just in case you find the one you've just bought is not right for you, have a look at lilylolo.co.uk, their mineral foundation is superb, £15.48 including delivery and it has lasted me 4 months of daily light use smile

Skivvywoman Tue 01-Apr-14 10:27:35

Daryl for the LL do you just need to use the foundation?

drspouse Tue 01-Apr-14 11:43:17

Is this more of a pressed foundation?

I use the powder but it does have a tendency to go everywhere.

Skivvywoman Tue 01-Apr-14 11:56:04

No dr it's loose, I'm just going to finish hoovering then ill do a little feed back

DarylDixonsDarlin Tue 01-Apr-14 11:58:26

Skivvy yes i only need the powder foundation, i don't use anything else with it and you can build up coverage from really sheer to a good layer. I haven't tried it really really thick so cant vouch for it in that respect! I use a kabuki (sp?) brush to apply it.

I don't know what the LL finishing powder is for, just extra perfection i guess, there is a vid on their website for each product but i didn't even look at the finishing powder.

FrugalFashionista Tue 01-Apr-14 12:03:19

I don't normally need the LL finishing powder but have used my tiny sample jar of the mattifying one to set Bobbi Brown cream undereye concealer (that creases like crazy otherwise) and to de-shine my T-zone after 12 hours of wear before going out - works well...

Attraversiamo Tue 01-Apr-14 20:30:13

Any update? grin

Skivvywoman Wed 02-Apr-14 12:09:12

Sorry ladies I done a update last night but it deleted!

Well I used the bare skin minerals yesterday (fairly light) and it's good feels like I'm not wearing any makeup at all,
Yesterday I used the bronzer that comes with it and it was good too although I would just keep that for nights out
It also comes with a glo powder and blusher and a set of brushes which are rubbish so I just used my own!

All in all I'm happy enough with it but I can't compare to any the high brand ones as I've never used them before

Skivvywoman Wed 02-Apr-14 12:14:34

Oh and comes with a powder called veil too that goes on top

itsbetterthanabox Wed 02-Apr-14 14:36:09

Does anyone know of a cheaper pressed mineral foundation? Bare minerals ready is pricey and I hate loose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now