Talk

Advanced search

Basics - t-shirts, vests, leggings etc

(7 Posts)
Karbea Mon 31-Mar-14 12:18:24

I've decided to sort out my summer wardrobe (beware there maybe more posts!).

I've realised I've hardly any basics that aren't full of holes, misshapen, faded etc

I'd like a couple in black, white, cream, grey, navy etc

Can anyone recommend a good place to get these, I've been looking at uniqlo but I've never got anything from them before, is their quality ok?

These are going to be workhorse type things rather than lovely best things, but I'd like them to be good quality, hold their shape etc... Even if it's just for one season...

Thank you!

LlamateurDramatics Mon 31-Mar-14 12:28:54

I'm looking for the same type of thing and found a few decent-looking basics in the Next catalogue last night.

teta Mon 31-Mar-14 12:36:12

I buy my basics at Matalan.Very long vest tops,t shirts( especially the modal/cotton ones) and the leggings all wash surprisingly well.I recently bought quite a bit from Uniqlo only to send everything back as it was similar quality but twice the price to Matalan.I also have some lovely t shirts from Me and Em and brilliant jersey shirts.Monsoon also do fantastic control leggings called Penelope that are really thick cotton.

TheJumped Mon 31-Mar-14 12:57:01

Vests - the cotton / elastane longline ones from H and M are excellent and only £3.99.

Leggings - a bit over really but I do like my Sainsburys 'luxury leggings' for slobby days with UGGs.

Tees - I like Primark ones atm - longline, slimmish fit and lovely bright marl colours - but they're polyester mix, which I like as it drapes beautifully. It depends what you want - I find quality in most high at shops varies so much by season. Last year New Look had great cotton tees, but this year they're all viscose which I hate. Dorothy Perkins quality is good and usually long in the body but they don't have a basic tee at the moment. Uniqlo always recommended on here and I have one tee that has washed and worn well although it's quite a boring shape.

Karbea Mon 31-Mar-14 12:58:31

Oh I know leggings aren't the height of fashion but they are comfy to walk the dog, do the cleaning in etc.

billandcoo Mon 31-Mar-14 13:11:26

I use M and Co for really good quality and economical tees. They wash and wear beautifully.

OnlyLovers Mon 31-Mar-14 13:16:50

Oh God, I still wear leggings out in public. Am I totally, like, over? grin

OP, Uniqlo is OK quality I think and their things often come in nice colours and prints. They have quite frequent sales too. Gap is worth keeping an eye on for sales and online offers; some of their vest tops and T-shirts are nice thick cotton and, again, usually come in good colours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now