Talk

Advanced search

leg waxing how long does it last?

(7 Posts)
PunkrockerGirl Sun 30-Mar-14 21:20:50

Just that really and how long before going for 2 week holiday do you have it done? Also, if you already have a tan, does waxing "rip" it off?

wonderpants Sun 30-Mar-14 21:30:04

I only had it done once and I had to shave my legs after 10 days! It just wasn't worth the pain for me.

craftynclothy Sun 30-Mar-14 21:30:25

I found they were ready to be waxed again about 5 weeks later but would be stubbly before that. I'd have them waxed a few days before going.

TravelinColour Sun 30-Mar-14 21:32:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PunkrockerGirl Sun 30-Mar-14 22:48:30

Thank you ladies. Forgot to say - how much does it hurt?!

Sillysarah49 Mon 31-Mar-14 08:00:12

Mine only lasted 2 weeks, so just wasn't worth the pain. However my leg hair does grow very quickly - I currently look like Mr Tumnus, once we've had the final frost I shall shave them.

letsgetfreshbaby Mon 31-Mar-14 08:13:23

Depends on a lot of things.

I�ve just started having mine done and I am related to a monkey or at least my lower legs are!

First time I had them done it last a good two weeks before there was anything noticable - Which was FAB.

Second time it lasted a little over two weeks

Now I get two to three weeks zero hair, and a few days of stubble befor I go back but the stubble is soft and very fine hairs rather than before when I looked like I had 5pm showdow.

On the pain front - 1) DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING WAXED WHEN YOU ARE ON YOUR PERIOD

2) the week after your period finishes is the best as a womens pain threshold is higher then

3) Round the ankle is the most painfull

4)have you had anything waxed before? If so then you know roughly what to expect.

5) Everyone is different, I have my eyebrows done, and top lip I have no problem with this. But my waxer tells me that the top lip is the MOST painful place!

6) Totally honest, the first time I had my lower legs waxed I was holding a conversation with the Waxer, and I would OCCASSIONALLY maybe a total of 4 times, has to pause the conversation. 2nd, 3rd etc each time got a bit better. Now I do have a high painthreshold BUT I also have nurve damage so it might be that I experience an unsual level of pain in my legs.

7) I am always PINK, for about 10-15mins after the waxing is done two pink really to wear a skirt etc if I was going to walk about. However, I have my waxing done, then a cut, colour and blowdry so I don�t have to worry about that.

8) I would have them done 2-3 days befor you go. Ie friday if your going sunday or monday. Remember to moisturise well (I use sweet almon oil) as it helps and particularly if you are going on holiday I would definately remember suntan (good factor) and then aftersun / moisturiser every evening.

9) Have fun!

hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now