Talk

Advanced search

Laser hair removal?

(8 Posts)
cardamomginger Sun 30-Mar-14 21:05:16

Thinking of getting this for bikini line, but I know NOTHING about it. I've had laser work to remove a tattoo, so I know what it feels like.

How many sessions should I expect to need and at what intervals? What happens after a session - does the hair fall out? What do you do in terms of hair removal between sessions - do you have to do with as full growth as possible to each session? What is a fair price (I'm in North London)? Is it worth it?

I'm going to talk to a couple of places, but I'd like to get views from people who have actually had it.

Thank you!

cardamomginger Sun 30-Mar-14 22:16:39

Hopeful bump??

Puddles1234 Sun 30-Mar-14 22:22:27

I have had everything done and it approx 8 sessions at 6 weekly intervals.

I am dark haired and I had 8 sessions for bikini, legs, arms etc.

cardamomginger Sun 30-Mar-14 22:37:14

Thanks. Do you just let your hair grow in between sessions, or can you shave/etc? Do you have to let it grow before you have it lasered again?

Are you pleased with the results? I'm dark haired as well (with very white skin).

Puddles1234 Sun 30-Mar-14 22:45:07

No you shave between sessions.

No you don't have to let it grow, the laser kills the hair follicle which is still intact as long as you shave.

You cannot wax/pluck/epilate as this removes the hair at the follicle.

You have sessions every 6/8 week intervals to allow the follicle to regrow.

At the end of my sessions I was having the laser hair done at 8 week intervals as the hair wasn't growing at all. You need to have all of the 8 sessions to make sure the hair follicle is completely destroyed.

I have had my face done as well as legs,bikini (Hollywood) and arms and hairline. I forgot to post that before and it's one of the best things I have ever done. No more shaving and always prepared.

cardamomginger Sun 30-Mar-14 22:51:37

Thank you! Glad you are so pleased with the results.

tangledzebra Mon 31-Mar-14 21:53:18

How much did it cost? (nosy)

fififolle Mon 31-Mar-14 22:07:17

I've got a bit of a dim question... Is this 'laser hair removal' te same as 'IPL'? V interested in having it done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now