Talk

Advanced search

They're coming to get you

(24 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Sat 29-Mar-14 16:13:42

They're everywhere, I did not see a woman today aged between 18-25 who was not sporting a serious scouse brow - its frightening.

I mean, you know, I try to keep up with the fashion stuff, I like a bit of fake tan, I don't mind a nice gel manicure but what is going on with the brows - I just don't get it at all.

I'm old aren't I? I'll be complaining about the music in shops next and browsing the per una section with real interest.

BetterWithCheese Sat 29-Mar-14 16:17:04

Can you link a pic of these brows? I have a small baby and a toddler and no longer leave the house. Unless someone on cbeebies is sporting them, I will have missed them.

Innogen Sat 29-Mar-14 16:18:07

It's not your face! Let them be!

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 29-Mar-14 16:20:20

I wasn't going to go up to them with my eye make up remover in the shopping centre Imogen wink

Its more that I just don't get this look at all. And I appreciate many types of looks that I wouldn't wear myself, this one is just beyond me. See, I'm past it

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 29-Mar-14 16:21:39

this type of thing and its a dm link

Innogen Sat 29-Mar-14 16:21:45

Maybe you should mrs! That would be hilarious!

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 29-Mar-14 16:22:52

Can you imagine grin

Although, are they dyed on? I don't actually know but assume its not just a pencil every day

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 29-Mar-14 16:23:30

And the shops were rubbish too. Haven't been RL shopping for ages and yes, taking the 4 year old wasn't wise but still its just polyester everywhere.

Innogen Sat 29-Mar-14 16:24:33

Think there is a HD brow treatment that does it, though I've no IDE what it entails. I'm a pencil filler inner girl myself!

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 29-Mar-14 16:28:00

Me too, threading and pencil.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 29-Mar-14 16:31:08

I just bought a taupe eyebrow pencil from & Other Stories - nice colour and good for adding a bit of definition to my blonde eyebrows. But I will be sure to stop shirt of the scouse brow look. Not sure that a taupe pencil alone would get me there, anyway.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 29-Mar-14 16:31:24

Stop short not shirt.

Innogen Sat 29-Mar-14 16:35:47

I'm on a Rimmel one in Hazel. I have very dark brown hair, so it's suits nicely without being sluggy.

dexter73 Sat 29-Mar-14 16:41:09

Ha ha! They look like Evil Edna's eyebrows!

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 29-Mar-14 16:53:38

Is that a self-portrait Dexter?

I've got Indian Chocolate from Blink which is good as it has no red in it which I found many of the lighter brow pencils do.

And amazingly my brows are several shades darker than my slightly chemically enhanced hair colour wink

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 29-Mar-14 16:54:11

And my feet got too hot in my boots, but its not warm enough for sandals and I don't do flat shoes - I am shoe-less!

dexter73 Sat 29-Mar-14 16:56:30

MrsCB - that was me this morning with a hangover and having been woken up at 2am by the dog whining because the cat had gone to sleep in her basket!
Actually my natural brows are dark and hairy enough without needing any enhancement.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 29-Mar-14 17:01:26

Yes, agree re lighter brow pencils often being a bit ginger. The taupe one from & Other Stories give me definition without turning me into Prince Harry.

Sicaq Sat 29-Mar-14 17:07:39

There were loads on the tube today. Some almost looked like they had shaved off their real brows and drawn these hard lines on instead.

andsmile Sat 29-Mar-14 17:16:11

I have recently (last two years) discovered brown eyebrow pencil for my ailing thinning brows. I go over what is there so they look fuller but definately not bigger or solid looking rectangles.

They just another aspect of the painted clown look. These people never learn the less is more.

Lambzig Sat 29-Mar-14 17:21:28

Last time I saw my sister, she had done this. She is a pale skinned strawberry blonde. I don't get it. I had to stop myself staring.

MyGastIsFlabbered Sat 29-Mar-14 17:25:58

I don't understand why everyone goes on about Cara Whatserface's eyebrows, they're fearsome to me.

MrsCampbellBlack Sat 29-Mar-14 17:35:15

It does look like some have actually removed their real brows - I think that's what seems so odd.

But I've just slapped on a load of fake tan so its not as though I'm that natural myself

UriGeller Sat 29-Mar-14 17:38:38

I saw a shiny young man with the scouse brow today! He had a very shiny face, shiny hair and a shiny, gosh I guess it was his décolletage ! The shiniest bit was the (obviously waxed) bit between his drawn on, perfecty symmetrical eyebrows. I was utterly fascinated.

I was in Liverpool though so shouldn't have been too surprised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now