Talk

Advanced search

Short and fat. Where to shop?

(14 Posts)
MiaWallace Sat 29-Mar-14 13:03:04

I'm a size 20 and only 5ft 2. I know I'm very overweight and I'm working on this.

In the meantime, where can I get good quality trousers suitable for work?

I ordered some from SimplyBe but the quality was shocking.

Evans has a very limited range in petites.

Any suggestions

itsbetterthanabox Sat 29-Mar-14 13:46:53

Asos curve do different leg lengths.
Yours clothing have a huge range.
New look inspire range is good if you want to go in store.

MiaWallace Sat 29-Mar-14 14:21:56

I've tried Yours clothing but they were a similar sort of quality to SimplyBe.

I will check out the other suggestions

Thanks

itsbetterthanabox Sat 29-Mar-14 16:25:46

Oh Dorothy perkins go up to a 22 and have a petite section . Tends to be cheaper than Evans.

fairylightsintheloft Sat 29-Mar-14 19:30:21

could you afford to get them shortened? That way you aren't limited to petite ranges. Its annoying but I do this sometimes as at 5'1 even petite trousers are sometimes too long so if I find jeans that are otherwise a good fit I pay the £12 more it costs me to get them professionally done.

MiaWallace Sun 30-Mar-14 13:23:51

I have considered that fairylights. It's just a bit of a faff and additional cost.

Think I will have to go with that option though because my choices seem a bit limited otherwise.

tshirtsuntan Sun 30-Mar-14 13:32:44

The asos curve stuff I've had seems much better quality than simplybe/Evans etc.

hugoagogo Sun 30-Mar-14 13:34:02

Debenhams have served me well in the past for work trousers, although I have on occasion had to shorten them, but I am shorter than you.

Gomez Sun 30-Mar-14 13:34:39

Is Ann Harvey still in existence? Used to be better quality larger size.

Chewbecca Sun 30-Mar-14 17:42:52

I am not dis-similar size/height and my best work trousers come from Vieyella Petite. I know it is an old fashioned brand but the trousers fit well and are better quality than many polyester rich trousers so I'm happy. They're half lined too.
Vieyella trousers.
I can't find them on offer at the moment but they often are and have lots of sales.

Chewbecca Sun 30-Mar-14 17:43:58

Oh and the Viyella trousers come up quite large so you may be able to size down! grin

MiaWallace Mon 31-Mar-14 06:31:34

Thanks everyone. I've now ordered a few bits and pieces from different places mentioned.

milkybarsrus Mon 31-Mar-14 13:21:58

I buy my work trousers for the office from next petites , or marks short.

Piscivorous Mon 31-Mar-14 13:24:38

Bon Marche are quite old-fashioned but they have bought the Ann Harvey brand from Alexon so now make lots of stuff in larger sizes and are ok for classic stuff like work pants. They do a lot of stuff in different leg lengths

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now