Talk

Advanced search

Help-skirts for holiday (short and round)

(6 Posts)
notagoodlook Sat 29-Mar-14 12:39:47

Yay - A family member is treating us to a weeks holiday in the sun smile
The problem is that I practically live in jeans and would like to wear a skirt or two on holiday to get some sun to my legs. I am 5ft 2" and a size 16-18 with a small budget.

Can anyone recommend any lightweight, fairly cheap calf length skirts that can maybe go with a few different colour tops? Any advice would be much appreciated as I don't know where to look really. Thanks

justaweeone Sat 29-Mar-14 18:13:42

I tend to always just wear dresses

frankietwospots Sat 29-Mar-14 22:23:55

No idea what the fit will be like but I've just ordered this as I see it being quite a versatile little skirt: www.next.co.uk/G39120s4#672739G39

(and I also ordered these: www.next.co.uk/g39224s1#651464g39)

I would reconsider calf length skirts!They are the most unflattering length going,even more so if short.Even more again if over a certain size.They will make you look shorter and rounder.Unless you have fab calves with them being slimmest part of your leg they aren't flattering on legs either.

Go for something a teency bit shorter-up to knee,then you will get Sun on your legs rather than ankles and will look and feel better no doubt.

That said,skirts seem to be a bit hit and miss this year and I haven't seen many great ones around yet.

MsAspreyDiamonds Sun 30-Mar-14 06:12:49

I bought a knee length skater dress in soft jersey from Dorothy pPerkins for about �20. That would be perfect to take on holiday as it will roll up small in your suitcase & you don't need to pack a top.

m.dorothyperkins.com/mt/www.dorothyperkins.com/?geoip=home

MildredH Mon 31-Mar-14 00:46:16

Another one for dresses.. Much easier as it's a whole outfit sorted in one garment.

I always struggle to match tops to skirts too..

H&m have some nice dresses at the mo, as do gap and they have money off some of them on their website ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now