Talk

Advanced search

New bra creaks!

(6 Posts)
BearPear Sat 29-Mar-14 09:43:12

Apologies in advance for yet another bra-fit thread.

After following many of the intervention threads I realised I was in the wrong size and did the dangle measure thing. It came up as a 30 band but I was in denial so tentatively bought a few 32 DD which were ok until a few washes and they became uncomfortably loose.

I went to Bravissimo yesterday (lovely lady did the fitting) and I'm now in a 30f. My aim was a work bra in nude which I got, but it creaks as I breathe and it does nothing for my shape. I wanted utilitarian but this is so bland! I guess the creaking is the underwire?

Contrary to the large cup size, I don't have big boobs and would appreciate something to give me more "oomph" - something I got with my old 32dd bra from New Look. Is this a case of try, try and try some more? For the experts, I'm in a Panache Superbra, and the Fantasie Rebecca was also a good fit.

billandcoo Sat 29-Mar-14 09:52:47

I'm taking my Panache superbra 32G back to Bravissimo because it's so uncomfortable I can't wear it a whole day. Sorrelforbes suggested I look at the Cleo Juna range as it's possibly the fact that the superbra is moulded that makes it harder to fit well.

BearPear Sat 29-Mar-14 09:57:54

I think it fits ok, it's just so "meh". Actually, if I stood in front of someone with it on and said "this bra is 30f" they wouldn't believe me, I look smaller, flatter somehow. I think I tried every nude bra in the store to find 2 styles that fit my shape!

BearPear Sat 29-Mar-14 10:02:03

Just googled the Cleo Juna - I don't recall trying that one, it looks like a very nice shape, I might order one to try.

The superbra definitely isn't an oomph bra, it is plain and utilitarian to the max! For nude simple and oomph try Freya deco, Cleo juna, curvy Kate smoothie, bravissimo satine, wonderbra d-g the shirt bra

BearPear Sat 29-Mar-14 12:45:13

Thanks SC, I will check those too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now