Talk

Advanced search

Please dress me for a night out

(7 Posts)
geordiepidge Sat 29-Mar-14 09:17:58

One of my best friends is 40 soon and we're going out in town to a nice restaurant and then bars. I'm really looking forward to it but have no idea how to dress myself appropriately, please can you help me? I'm feeling quite low about myself at the moment and her other friends are very stylish.

I'm 35, 5'5, size 14 flabby hourglass, dark hair and eyes with cool toned pale skin. Budget is about £150 max but ideally less.

Crutchlow35 Sat 29-Mar-14 09:20:39

I usually wear black ankle grazer jeans, shoe boots, some sort of top and a blazer jacket or a leather biker jacket.

For inspiration, I look at the next directory online. Don't always buy from there but the models are dressed rather than other websites where it is just a picture of the individual items.

ShedWood Sat 29-Mar-14 11:00:46

Well as soon as you say hourglass, I start thinking of Nigella Lawson, so why not get yourself some good, supportive underwear and wear a dress like the Pamela Plain Dress from Phase Eight with some heels and a clutch bag (or go for something lower cut if you have good boobage!)

How dressy? Personally I'd treat myself to some new heels, a really flattering pair of jeans and a nice top and pair with a blazer or biker, as Crutchlow says below. If I didn't want to wear jeans, I'd probably wear a shortish, body con-ish dress, with a biker jacket and heels.

I like the look of this and it's actually cotton too

Twinklestein Sat 29-Mar-14 15:21:20

I'd wear a dress with a leather jacket & heels. Wrap dresses work well for hourglasses...

geordiepidge Sat 29-Mar-14 20:22:20

Thanks all. I do have black skinny jeans which I wore with a royal blue top with big sleeves and a statement chandelier-type necklace at Christmas, does that sound ok? I thought jeans wouldn't be dressy enough?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now