Talk

Advanced search

Hand Cream - recommend a good one?

(34 Posts)
onedev Fri 28-Mar-14 21:58:29

Just that really - anyone recommend a good one as the ones I use don't seem to make a bit of a difference & my hands just seem dry & getting worse!

Bluecarrot Fri 28-Mar-14 22:01:10

After reading about it on a recent thread I tried hemp cream from body shop. AMAZING. My hands were literally splitting and bleeding but within 2 days of 4 or so applications a day they were lovely! I got a bit slack for a few days and really noticed the difference.

onedev Fri 28-Mar-14 22:10:37

Thank you, I'll try that as I've tried so many things, with no difference at all, even sleeping with gloves on after applying hand cream!

Pancakeflipper Fri 28-Mar-14 22:12:47

The Hemp stuff. Don't smell pretty but a lot of farmers and outdoors workers use it. It's cheap and it works. Lots on at bedtime really helps.

Clarins is good for nail growth.

Longleggedlovely Fri 28-Mar-14 22:15:38

I love the Aveda one, it smells lush and is really rich. I also bought the new Molton Brown rhubarb and rose one yesterday which smells amazing.

evertonmint Fri 28-Mar-14 22:16:44

Heard good things about that hemp one, but I use the basic neutrogena concentrated one and it's fantastic. Sorts out all cracks and sore spots within a couple of uses. And it's cheap too.

nomoreminibreaks Fri 28-Mar-14 22:17:25

I agree the hemp one is great but I also got the hemp hand wash and that means I rarely need to use the cream. And that's starting with cracked, bleeding hands.

Spinaroo Fri 28-Mar-14 22:17:39

Neutrogena- you can actually feel
It working! And it's not expensive.

TheJumped Fri 28-Mar-14 22:18:20

For smell - Di Palomo wild fig and grape

For effectiveness - Nutrogena

belleprof Fri 28-Mar-14 22:19:04

I love the Claris one. Hands much less dry since I started putting it on just before I hop into bed.

Cataline Fri 28-Mar-14 22:20:58

I also like the neutrogena and the hemp ones! I also use the Body Shop almond mail and cuticle pen for the dry, cracked bits around my thumb nails when they're really bad.

belleprof Fri 28-Mar-14 22:21:11

Should say Clarins .. iPad keeps autocorrecting

CocktailQueen Fri 28-Mar-14 22:21:14

Yy to body shop hemp Hand cream.

Also like clarins hand and nail cream.

The champneys one from boots is good too.

chocolatespiders Fri 28-Mar-14 22:21:44

My trusty little sunflower cream- developed by nhs staff and the money goes back into patient care!

onedev Fri 28-Mar-14 22:25:13

Thank you all - think I'll try the hemp one & see how I get in & maybe move onto one of the others if it doesn't work

onedev Sat 29-Mar-14 15:14:21

Just bought it today so fingers crossed it works!

ishouldcocoa Sat 29-Mar-14 15:16:38

I've abandoned Nurogena as it had stopped working.

Now on Aveeno handcream which is lovely. No splitting skin anywhere. Got it from Waitrose.

Retropear Sat 29-Mar-14 15:25:37

Neutrogena is the only one that works for me.

Bagpussss Sat 29-Mar-14 15:28:18

I'm using Clarins hand and nail treatment cream, lovely smell and smooth hands.

SELondonSwede Sun 30-Mar-14 09:22:15

I rotate neutrogena, palmers cocoa butter hand cream, and lochatine (cant spell it) and they are all amazing. Do not forget cotton gloves at night for a deep conditioning treatment.

SteveBrucesNose Sun 30-Mar-14 10:17:41

awaits flaming for spending 100 quid on handcream

I'm using a La Prairie one. I have no idea whether it is better than cheap ones or not, but after years of buying a 'normal' hand cream and forgetting to use it after 3 or 4 days, as I spent a fucking fortune lot of money on this one, it has made me keep using it so as to not waste so much money. Its made a huge difference, but that could just be the difference of consistently using anything, if you get me.

I have a miniature L'Occitaine one in my desk drawer for when I feel I need it mid-day, as I don't want others in the office stealing my really posh stuff!

hollyisalovelyname Sun 30-Mar-14 10:38:49

I have the worst looking hands for my age.
I have tried so many creams
Clarins- nice smell,crap and expensive
Hemp Body Shop
Aveeno
L'Occitane
Lanolips Intense- crap and expensive
Dr. Ceuticals- crap and expensive
etc
The BEST are:
Neutrogena foot cream
Neutrogena Original hand cream
Soap and Glory Heel Genius - unbelievably soft hands but doesn't smell great.
Flexitol
If I had to choose one - Soap and Glory Heel Genius.

onedev Sun 30-Mar-14 10:47:43

Thanks all. I'd tried a L'Occitane one a few months back but it made no difference at all & didn't even feel nice.

I'll stick with the hemp for a while (& for £5 I'm hoping that works rather than one that costs a lot more!!) & will sleep with gloves on too!

Given it hasn't even been a cold winter, my hands are a complete mess!

Thanks all & if the hemp doesn't work, I'll definitely be trying some of the other recommendations on here.

Hemp doesn't work for me, neither do the BS rose or almond ones.

Neutrogena and Aveeno are good, also Lush Helping Hands.

Once they are free of cracks, No7 do a really goid handscrub, I buy it with the £5 off vouchers.

LadyMud Sun 30-Mar-14 11:04:27

+1 for Neutrogena, especially the unscented version.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now