Talk

Advanced search

Help me please, wedding outfit

(6 Posts)
Yangsun Fri 28-Mar-14 18:30:22

Please help. I have absolutely no eye for the stylish and I really want to look good. Going to two weddings in July and August and I would really appreciate some mn advice on every detail! I'm 5'8, size 10 or 12 (tends to be 12 in trousers 10 in tops) quite small bust, age 33. Would like something that makes me look elegant, without looking old (although obviously want to avoid mutton dressed as lamb look!)

Yangsun Fri 28-Mar-14 18:31:21

PS posted too soon, just wanted to say thank you in advance to anyone who helps me out!

ShedWood Fri 28-Mar-14 20:50:42

What kind of budget do you have?

Do you need full outfit (I.e. Bag, shoes, jewellery as well as clothes)?

ShedWood Fri 28-Mar-14 21:20:05

As a start, how about this dress (the navy or pink version - depending on how bright you want to go)

www.baukjen.com/uk/shop/baukjen/dresses/daria-dress-quartz-grey.htm

This bag:

Www.peonyandmoore.com (Gina clutch, can't get the link to paste)

Shoes:

Gold glitter block heel shoes @ Dorothy Perkins

You'd want a metallic belt as well, Asos is good for things like that.

How's that for a start, or am I barking completely up the wrong tree??

Yangsun Fri 28-Mar-14 22:24:26

Thank you shed, I love the dress but wouldn't have picked it out and the accessories advice is very welcome - I honestly have no idea how I got to my age without having developed some degree of confidence in choosing clothes but when someone shows me something I can at least tell whether I like it so that's a start I suppose!

Price wise I was thinking no more than �200 for the whole outfit, so your suggestion fits the bill well so far!

bberry Fri 28-Mar-14 22:29:05

Have you had a look at the pretty dress company? Very flattering shapes at reasonable prices which leaves you money left over fir accessories?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now