Talk

Advanced search

These navy shoes with black jeans??

(18 Posts)
polyhymnia Fri 28-Mar-14 16:56:10

Looking for some spring loafer-ish shoes and love these:
www.russellandbromley.co.uk/drivers-moccasins/sw-tassel/invt/122718 . They're so comfortable too.

Obviously will be fine with my dark denim and my grey jeans but am wondering if they'll be OK with my several pairs of black jeans too.

Am very happy about mixing black and navy when it comes to clothes but just not so sure about these navy shoes and black jeans. Would wear black shoes with dark denim jeans but don't want to get the black version of these shoes as they seem a little 'winter-y'.

Views, please. TIA.

Ujjayi Fri 28-Mar-14 16:57:51

They are lovely shoes but I wouldn't wear them with black jeans.

polyhymnia Fri 28-Mar-14 17:03:04

Hmm, rather my thought too.

dexter73 Fri 28-Mar-14 17:15:45

I would wear them with black jeans. I love black and navy together.

polyhymnia Fri 28-Mar-14 17:18:05

Yes, I do too actually - just, as I said. wasn't quite so sure in this case.

In fact, I do wear a navy top with my black jeans sometimes and the shoes would work with that combination I think.

dexter73 Fri 28-Mar-14 18:01:56

I think that sounds like a great outfit.

FrancesFarmer Fri 28-Mar-14 18:03:20

Nothing wrong with black and navy. Go for it!

Crutchlow35 Fri 28-Mar-14 18:15:07

I'd never wear black and navy together. My mother would turn in her grave!

Twinklestein Fri 28-Mar-14 18:43:27

Personally I don't like black and navy together it just looks like you didn't have enough black or navy to finish the outfit - but they'd look very nice with blue jeans.

othgraph Fri 28-Mar-14 21:38:47

As long as the shade of navy isn't too similar then navy and black together is fine. Rules about not pairing them are outdated.

polyhymnia Sat 29-Mar-14 00:01:21

These shoes actually have quite a lot of variation in colour, including quite a lightish navy/blue so certainly not too close to black.

bettykt Sat 29-Mar-14 08:13:44

Lovely shoes. I'm still uncertain about black and navy but it is becoming more acceptable. Try it and see what you think.

'Acceptable'? There is no unacceptable when it comes to colour matching,I hate the way people make rules that have no effect on anybody on earth anywhere,it's not as if wearing black and navy is some moral ill is it!

I actually really like those shoes (astounding for me as I'm a pretty heels girl) and so wish I could get past seeing older women or men when I see that style as the ones you have linked are rather gorgeous!

Anyway,I think you can carry off black with them.All depends how you wear it but black and navy can work well together

I really like black and navy together, but personally don't think those shoes would work with black jeans, unless perhaps with a navy silk top too, to balance it.

polyhymnia Sat 29-Mar-14 14:40:36

lupus your reaction is closest to mine. Generally like black and navy together and think 'rules' that they shouldn't be combined are daft, but just have reservations about those particular shoes and black jeans. Guess I need to go into R and B wearing my black jeans and see!

Can certainly imagine wearing those shoes with my blue and navy jersey dresses and navy or black - or grey. - opaques by that's different somehow .,,

MoreSkyThanWeNeed Sat 29-Mar-14 14:43:16

I think they would look good with black jeans and a navy top.

Now, let me browse all of the other shoes, just in case I need a pair.....!

Oh yeah,you'd definitely need navy in the outfit somewhere to balance it whether top or cardi or blazer etc.I Think if you get the top colour right then you can wear the other navy bit as cardi or something else.

Twinklestein Sat 29-Mar-14 15:19:11

Rules have nothing to do with it, I don't think black and navy look right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now