Talk

Advanced search

Dear H&M

(23 Posts)
jumblebee Fri 28-Mar-14 16:46:12

Just because I am fat, it does not mean that I want to hide away in oversized t-shirts, jumpers and boring jeans.

I have a shape! I am an hour glass, not everyone who is overweight is an apple shape, and not everyone wants to hide their bodies in awful clothes from your (minuscule) selection!

Can you tell I've had a bad shopping day today? sad

LordPalmerston Fri 28-Mar-14 16:47:18

Plus your website is shit ad delivery times even worse

AnyFucker Fri 28-Mar-14 16:50:25

Run an iron over the fucking clothes before you put them out like rags in your shops !

Ujjayi Fri 28-Mar-14 16:56:37

Don't engage with manufacturers with zero regard for workers' rights and then offer a "Conscious" range to make yourself feel better about it.

Meglet Fri 28-Mar-14 17:02:48

God, their crumpled clothes do my head in.

How do other shops manage to put stuff out uncreased (they don't iron it). But H&M can make a nice top look like it's been at the bottom of the laundry basket for a month. TBH I've never liked their recent revamp, too dark and cramped.

LastOneDancing Fri 28-Mar-14 17:17:32

And pregnant women like to wear colours other than grey, grey, black, maroon, more grey and navy hmm

Meglet Fri 28-Mar-14 17:23:40

Everything

Meglet Fri 28-Mar-14 17:24:47

....is grey in there this season.

ArtexMonkey Fri 28-Mar-14 17:26:51

The website is balls.

I don't want to see all the grey things or all the blue things. I don't want to see all the Divided things, or all the Logg things.

I want to see all the jeans, or all the t shirts, or all the cardigans, or all the dresses. Like on normal websites. Thankyouplease.

TheGinSoakedBoy Fri 28-Mar-14 17:27:15

.. my local shop looks like a jumble sale with the added bonus of assistants sneering at anyone daring to be over a size 10 and shopping there. Heaven forbid you want choice op grin

jumblebee Fri 28-Mar-14 18:13:01

Ugh, I am not venturing there again (unless I suddenly turn into a size 8 and develop a fondness for neon pink crop tops)

Fortunately I'm not keen on shopping online so I haven't used the website.

New Look have quite a nice plus size range, but it's still full of tops with elastic round the bottom confused at least there's some colour and choice!

BikeRunSki Fri 28-Mar-14 18:15:13

Shop elesewhere? The clothes are nothing special.

Except the kids's stuff. That is fab.

WillieWaggledagger Fri 28-Mar-14 18:16:51

yes their stuff gets shipped from sweden i think so it takes for bloody ever

"grey, grey, black, maroon, more grey and navy" - that is my actual wardrobe grin (i'm not pregnant and it's not all from H&M)

WillieWaggledagger Fri 28-Mar-14 18:18:13

websites that make me FURIOUS are the ones where you can't link to an individual item, so when you link to it to mock on mumsnet it just redirects to the homepage

BlingBubbles Fri 28-Mar-14 18:18:35

I use to like H&M, would did great stuff for work in there, but recently I always walk out empty handed.

I agree though, their kids stuff are great. I buy loads for my DD there.

littleomar Fri 28-Mar-14 18:19:55

Why aren't your adult clothes anything like as good as your children's ones and what's with the weird no paypal, no cards website?

jumblebee Fri 28-Mar-14 18:24:16

Oh I have just discovered the kids stuff there, I got some lovely bargains for my DD at Christmas. I don't normally buy clothes for myself but was desperate to find some things for a new job!

The H&Ms in New York were amazing, they had a huge plus size section with amazing leggings. I want to go back hmm

TheCrackFox Fri 28-Mar-14 18:27:47

They may as well not bother putting label sizes on the clothes as their sizing is all over the place.

Lambstales Fri 28-Mar-14 18:56:32

YY labelling is atrocious. When DD was a size 10 (no doubt) she had to buy a 16 and was mortified. I told her to cut the label out and forget about it but the whole sizing scenario hasn't improved.

juneybean Fri 28-Mar-14 18:57:43

Sort your bloody sizing out! A maternity top should not be too tight on me when I'm not even pregnant yet!!

itsnothingoriginal Fri 28-Mar-14 19:45:16

I've just kitted my two kids out for the summer from H&M - thank goodness as I was beginning to despair that I would be able to afford clothes for them this year with the price some shops like Next and M&S are charging for kids stuff at the moment shock

Totally agree about womenswear though - lots of crumpled, weird and unwearable designs. I usually get my basics from there but that's it!

AmberNectarine Fri 28-Mar-14 22:08:52

Also they have pretty much the worst changing rooms in the world. Pretty sure I'm not clinically obese, nor do I have cellulite on my elbows, but that is what I see in those 360 mirrors and hideous lighting.

BriarRainbowshimmer Sat 29-Mar-14 12:16:38

It's depressing to walk into one of their shops because they really do treat their clothes as rags. Arrogant of them to sell clothes that are badly sewn (under really bad conditions) and then presented full of lint and wrinkles in the shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now