Talk

Advanced search

Gold Brogues - are they past it......or am I?

(10 Posts)
DollyDaisy Fri 28-Mar-14 13:50:59

bought myself a very cool pair of Rose gold brogues from Russell & Bromley this week and was thinking of wearing them with boyfriend jeans and knits for the spring and summer

But every time I see them in the box I get a bit scared. A quick search on here brought up lots of threads about gold brogues from 2011-2013, so just wondering if this is a look that is already over. And if not, given that I'm 40, am I past it too?

Just worries I'm going to be out there looking like something out of Justin's House grin

Glossolalias Fri 28-Mar-14 15:48:25

Do you have a link to them?

I like the sound of them but I'm also of the attitude of I don't care what people think as long as I feel comfortable and like it...

Glossolalias Fri 28-Mar-14 15:50:17

Is it these? www.russellandbromley.co.uk/loafers-lace-ups/jeeves/invt/123031

I love them but I do think you'd have to be careful what you wear them with!

nilbyname Fri 28-Mar-14 15:52:48

I have mine from last year. Love them and are a great alternative to ballet flats!

Wear them just as you describe.

Floisme Fri 28-Mar-14 15:55:37

I'm past it and I like them. Hope that helps grin

MotherBluestocking Fri 28-Mar-14 16:39:06

Metallic accessories very S/S14. With footwear, you are only past it if you can't walk in them or if they expose your bunions/ horny toenails/ leathery heels.
Which these, being brogues, won't.

4amInsomniac Fri 28-Mar-14 16:51:40

They are lovely, I would wear them with jeans too. I like paler coloured brogues in the warmer seasons when my black and brown pairs look too heavy and wintery.

peasandlove Fri 28-Mar-14 20:05:00

karen walker is doing them for SS14 and they're gorgeous

frankietwospots Fri 28-Mar-14 22:01:07

Sounds gorgeous and mentioned on this blog today: www.modernmummusthave.com/2014/03/28/mmm-all-that-glitters-is-rose-gold/#more-5910

DollyDaisy Fri 28-Mar-14 22:12:23

OK thanks so much for the replies. I've decided to keep them.....although am still shocked every time I open the box for a peep!! Before DCs I used to spend a lot on shoes - as not really into bags or jewellery and so nice shoes were my thing. But all those shoes would cripple me now and totally not suitable for pushing the buggy through town! So am thinking these are the way forward, albeit in a different direction

Thanks for all the links - very helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now