Talk

Advanced search

Hourglass Cosmetics

(13 Posts)
ReginaldBlinker Fri 28-Mar-14 11:16:30

Let me just add my voice to the many, many people who are declaring these to be HG products. I went to Space NK yesterday and bought their primer, their Veil foundation, and their Ambient Powder... It is FANTASTIC.

Honestly, it is worth every cent, I absolutely love it!!! If you're searching for new foundation (and even if you're not, buy this powder... It makes you look flawless!), go look at this stuff. Have heard their colours can be hard to match to certain skin tones, but I'm quite pale/rosy, and it fit me just fine grin

plasticbanana Fri 28-Mar-14 11:53:35

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ReginaldBlinker Fri 28-Mar-14 11:55:31

Yes? Can I help you plastic?

Jackie0 Fri 28-Mar-14 12:55:08

Yes they are fabulous. I have the ambient powder and the new blush . Love their stuff. You should check out Kevin Aucoin for similar quality , esp the eye shadow

Jackie0 Fri 28-Mar-14 12:55:08

Yes they are fabulous. I have the ambient powder and the new blush . Love their stuff. You should check out Kevin Aucoin for similar quality , esp the eye shadow

ReginaldBlinker Fri 28-Mar-14 13:14:11

I've used Kevin Aucoin's mascara because it had rave reviews, and I wasn't impressed at all... It gave me spider lashes! Looking for some good new eyeshadow though, so may have to pop back in and have a look.

Really used to like Laura Mercier's stuff, but I swear in the past couple of years, it's all really gone downhill (or maybe my skin has just changed)... Anyone else think that?

Jackie0 Fri 28-Mar-14 13:47:15

I still rate the Laura Mercier mineral powder foundation and I've heard great things and intend to try the silk foundation , everything else is just stuff you can get from any high end counter, the caviar stick and lip gloss can be easily duped.

AmelieinOz Thu 11-Jun-15 10:34:26

Hi!

I want to get the Ethereal Light ambient powder. Anyone tried this? How is it?

Also, how is the Ethereal blush?

mowglik Thu 11-Jun-15 10:42:39

I had the beauty assistant use the ambient lighting palette on me and neither me or DH could see much difference! Didn't purchase but want to give it another go as in theory it sounds amazing

GingerFoxInAT0phat Thu 11-Jun-15 10:48:35

I've got the ambient palette, not sure if I was expecting too much but I'm disappointed in it. Doesn't seem to do much.

jasmine1979 Thu 11-Jun-15 21:09:32

I'm not a fan either. I have the blush, the ambient lighting palette and the primer. They are all "ok" but certainly not worth the money to me and I won't be repurchasing. For those products there are similar ones that are not as expensive but far nicer in my opinion. Bourjois do a good alternative.
As usual a lot of bloggers were sponsored by hourglass a while ago and raved about the products. It's made it hard to find good honest reviews sometimes! smile

I love the Kevin Aucion candlelight highlighter and nearly finished mine. I am pretty sure I will repurchase it as whilst pricey I have loved it and used it up so well worth it to me. I haven't rated any of his other products though.

Agree re Laura Mercier. I used to love their foundations but they no longer work for me. I still use their eyeshadow sticks though and do love them.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 11-Jun-15 21:18:01

At that price point i much prefer tom ford. I didn't like the hourglass primer at all.

FrugalFashionista Thu 11-Jun-15 21:44:47

I tried Ethereal Light in the US. Somehow not right for my cool skin tone, I had walked in ready to purchase it but gave it a pass. The marbled blushes are very pretty too but lots of cheaper brands are now doing dupes of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now