Talk

Advanced search

Bra ladies! M&S have 'fitted' my friend...

(9 Posts)
WeAreSix Thu 27-Mar-14 21:03:32

...and she was so happy that her boobs were where they were supposed to be.

My fabulous, dear friend knows about my unhealthy obsession with other people's boobs support of the bra intervention threads and showed me her new purchase in situ.

To give them credit, she measures 31 underneath and they'd put her in a 32 band. BUT I could pull it away from her a long, long way. She measured over boobs and it makes her at least a FF or G cup. M&S had put her in a D cup. She had massive overspill by and under her arm, the wires weren't flush. I got her to scoop madly and there was no way the cup could hold all of the breast tissue.

We are returning the bras next week and will show the fitters a thing or two smile

Hehehe, more boobs saved! TBH a 32 is remarkably good for them, but they are clueless about cups and scooping too.

Flibbertyjibbet Thu 27-Mar-14 21:09:18

They measure you upright and in whatever bra you turn up in ....

WeAreSix Thu 27-Mar-14 21:10:52

I felt a bit bad, stealing her thunder. But I can't wait to get her a decent bra smile

TheSkiingGardener Thu 27-Mar-14 21:16:43

Enjoy returning the bras! Give them a piece of your mind!

WeAreSix Thu 27-Mar-14 21:39:04

Statistically what do you think of this Curvy Kate design ?

SorrelForbes Thu 27-Mar-14 22:14:03

I know that Stats really likes that CK bra. I tried it and whilst it's very pretty indeed, it was just to wide and shallow in the cups. The longline bit kept ruching up too. Just not a good shape for me which was disappointing!

The Carmen is a little wide and shallow for my boobs but I kept it anyway for...well...wink

However I do like particularly narrow deep cups anyway, and having tried a fair few curvy Kate it's a lot less wide and shallow than they normally are ime. This one is a just a little off whereas I have a bikini from then which is about 1.5"wider in each cup.

You might consider sizing down in the band as I found this helped

WeAreSix Fri 28-Mar-14 07:34:13

Oh it might suit my saggy post-breastfeeding boobs.

I'm yet to find a comfortable bra, I think I might steal DDs crop tops blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now