Talk

Advanced search

Boob access required

(9 Posts)
findingherfeet Thu 27-Mar-14 20:31:11

I need some help/suggestions on my wardrobe, which is currently overly um casual...if it's clean and fits on it goes hmm

I've just turned 30 and had my DS three weeks ago, also have a 2 year old DD

I'm breastfeeding so I need tops with zips or buttons or general flash ability! (Self conscious of my stomach so don't like the vest down/jumper up look)

I'm two dress sizes bigger than pre pregnancy so feel pretty unattractive.

Would like some style advice as feel a million miles out of the fashion loop when I look at my (baby free) friends...don't mind spending a bit as will be feeding for a while and sadly my size 12 jeans are likely to sit unworn in my wardrobe for a while too!

Where to shop/what accessories etc!

frankietwospots Thu 27-Mar-14 21:17:38

Congrats on your 3 week old DS!

I've just ordered this H&M shirt in the denim blue which is button down and should be floaty enough to skim over any bumps:

www.hm.com/gb/product/21084?article=21084-B#article=21084-A

and these camo print pumps:

www.hm.com/gb/product/21601?article=21601-B

If you use codes 1319 and 1304, you get £5 off and 25% off one item.

I'm going to wear the shirt and pumps with these fab khakis from Gap:
www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=000941851003

(note: the sizing is very generous!)

I always think that adding a scarf and a jersey blazer smartens you up. Again, Gap is my go to place for scarves (I have this one in both colours and they are divine: www.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=57591&vid=1&pid=000942234001) and blazers. Does that help?

findingherfeet Fri 28-Mar-14 03:42:50

Ooh thank you! That shirt is lovely, wouldn't have braved denim but I need to branch out!! And I never go to gap but will check out website (during middle of night feed!) grin

IceNoSlice Fri 28-Mar-14 04:02:11

I could have written your post OP! Except my LO is 4 wo and I'm 32, I feel the same.

I love those GAP trousers frankie. Are GAP good on delivery? Never ordered from them before.

TropicalHorse Fri 28-Mar-14 04:48:28

I found those nursing tanks (with bra built in and unclippable cups) were great for putting under v-necked or boat necked "normal" tops and blouses, and even deep v necked dresses. I bought a few of them and suddenly a lot of my pre-preg clothes were suitable nursing clothes with easy boob access and no tummy flashing!

belleprof Fri 28-Mar-14 05:21:03

hi there many congrats on your new baby. check out boob clothing ... v nice nursing tops... I still live in my navy top and grey hoodie. I bought from onceborn.ie I am nursing a nearly two yr old and wear lots of skinny jeans . flat boots and all sorts of jumpers shirts and tops now. xxx

frankietwospots Fri 28-Mar-14 09:18:15

Gap are brilliant on delivery IceNoSlice but of course it depends on the local courier! Definitely size down on the trousers. I'm usually an 8 and got a 6. My friend who had a baby 6 weeks ago is normally a 12 but I got her a size 10. They are also featured on one of my fave blogs today: www.styleguile.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/having-moment-in-one-of-my-favourite.html

herecomesthsun Sun 30-Mar-14 19:11:52

Frugi have a new range of bfing stuff just in, not high fashion, but lovely thick organic cotton

findingherfeet Sun 30-Mar-14 20:01:32

Thank you guys! Well if gap makes me a 14 not a 16 even better!! winkwink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now