Talk

Advanced search

School uniform gingham culottes

(8 Posts)
SneakyBiscuitEater Thu 27-Mar-14 16:03:23

Do summer uniform gingham culottes exist in the UK?

DD1 is a steadfast dress refuser and they have to be in summer uniform after Easter. I've found loads in New Zealand but can't seem to find any in the UK.

Please help.

dexter73 Thu 27-Mar-14 16:12:37

I don't know if you can sew but my friend used to make very simple gingham shorts for her dd to wear to school when she was younger. They were lovely and all the other girls wanted some!

SneakyBiscuitEater Thu 27-Mar-14 16:27:35

Thanks Dexter my DM can sew, great idea. smile

SugarplumKate Thu 27-Mar-14 21:06:27

My Dd wears grey or black shorts, just like the boys. It is very popular at our juniors, DD has not worn a dress since year 2.

AboveTheOxbow Thu 27-Mar-14 22:21:19

Not sure about hi ham ones but John Lewis do nice grey girls culottes- my daughter started a bit of a trend when she started wearing them to school. Would love gingham ones for the summer- I now have half a mind to get a pair run up smile

Dancergirl Thu 27-Mar-14 22:48:52

They sound awful, sorry! Stick with grey shorts.

SneakyBiscuitEater Fri 28-Mar-14 09:18:22

Dancer if only. DD1 would love to wear the boys shorts and polo neck combo but not allowed in our school. They must be in summer uniform after Easter so we can't even stick with her usual navy culottes and shirt and tie winter garb.

Vickiyumyum Fri 28-Mar-14 13:09:44

would she wear a skirt? a few places sell gingham skirts and blouses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now