Talk

Advanced search

Is this bag too much?

(10 Posts)
Helgathehairy Thu 27-Mar-14 13:47:06

Looking for a changing bag for myself. Really like Storksaks and love the size of the Emily, just not sure of the colour.

www.storksak.com/product.php?shopprodid=79&variantid=2307

I've just spotted this one in ebay and really like it but not sure about all the studs. Do they make it look a bit cheap?

m.ebay.ie/itm/161250958963?nav=SEARCH

Sleepthief Thu 27-Mar-14 14:52:15

IMO changing bags are one of the great lies of impending parenthood grin - just buy a nice big bag and chuck your nappies etc in that?

Helgathehairy Thu 27-Mar-14 15:17:10

Parenthood isn't just impending, it's landed with a bang! DD is almost 8 months. I have a cheap bag that was a compromise as I was with (literally in the shop with) DH and he doesn't see the point of spending money on a a bag.

I just want a nice bag and I love compartments. I imagine keeping it all nice and organised. In reality I won't but it's nice to dream!

snowgirl1 Thu 27-Mar-14 15:31:08

Personally, I don't like the one with studs. It looks a bit to "Russian oligarch's wife" to me. I like the other one.

I bought Storksak's patent Kate. I love all the compartments and that it clips to the buggy (with the buggy clips). I'll probably use it as my bag when DD is too big for nappies and changes of clothes (did I mention I love all the compartments?!).

I did find that I used my changing bag a lot less after I'd gone back to work - obviously didn't want to use changing bag loaded with nappies, snacks, sippy cups etc. for work. It only gets used now when we go out at the weekend. So, if you're going back to work soon you might want to bear that in mind when you're thinking of how much to spend.

Helgathehairy Thu 27-Mar-14 15:59:27

I have looked at the kate but from the photos it looks like the pockets at the side kind of bulge out. Is that true in real life? I actually love the kate in red, not the strap but I could maybe swap that.

m.ebay.ie/itm/310772181151?nav=SEARCH

snowgirl1 Fri 28-Mar-14 15:24:49

I wasn't trying to persuade you to get the Kate! I don't think the pockets are sticky-outy, but I may just have not noticed. I'd say the pockets on either end of the Kate are sort of rounded, but the ones on the side are flat and have a magnetic clip which holds them to the side of the bag, so would only bulge if stuffed! I think the Kate in Charcoal on the Storsak website looks how mine looks in real life in terms of how the pockets at the end look.

I hadn't seen the Kate in red before - looks great.

The Emily probably looks more like a handbag, so you might get more use out of it.

I originally wanted the Elizabeth, but I'm glad I didn't get one as a friend has one and they're not that spacious.

Whichever you get, I hope you love it! I'm very happy I switched from my free changing back from Boots Parenting club.

FallonColby Fri 28-Mar-14 20:03:21

Agree about changing bags being one of the great lies of parenthood smile and why are so many of them printed in a fabric that looks like it should be used on a toddler's preschool bag or a Boden rainy day Mac. I would go for the Elizabeth or have you considered a Longchamp, very versatile and could also come in handy for gym and travel too.

Helgathehairy Fri 28-Mar-14 20:11:12

There's a new bag in the ring! It's COMPLETELY different to the Emily but I like the compartments and accessories.

www.happybags.co.uk/changing-bags-our-full-range/ju-ju-be-bff-charcoal-roses.html
Part of me loves this one as well though
www.happybags.co.uk/changing-bags-our-full-range/ju-ju-be-bff-tokidoki-unikiki.html

bigkidsdidit Fri 28-Mar-14 20:14:34

I use a Longchamp Le Pliage as my weekend nappy bag, it is big and waterproof. It's a satchel style so goes over the body too, which is handy.

AmethystMoon Fri 28-Mar-14 20:19:39

I have a Storksak, the tan Elizabeth and love it. I think the one on eBay is a little bling, but each to their own. I went for tan as it goes with everything all year around.
My DD is nearly two and it has aged beautifully, I agree since I returned to work when DD was 7 months I don't use it as much, but I just keep it packed and ready to go.
I like the style of the one you're looking at I think I'd just go for a plainer colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now