Talk

Advanced search

Surely these are joke glasses?!

(6 Posts)
Lovethebubbles Thu 27-Mar-14 13:13:34

Picture from loose women today. I really don't understand how these ridiculously over-sized glasses can be fashionable.... Including the massive black rimmed ones people wear even though they don't need glasses. I remember my mum having a pair of white ones in the late 80's, but surely it was a mistake back then that doesn't need repeated?! And young children wearing them as fashion accessories...? I just don't get it! Maybe I'm just behind the times.....confused

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 27-Mar-14 13:18:41

I'm on the app so can't see the pic but I'm really glad the small narrow glasses that have been around for so long are on their way out! I need big glasses, don't get on with narrow lenses at all!

Lovethebubbles Thu 27-Mar-14 13:26:18

Yes, I can appreciate that; my mum said the same...really narrow ones weren't practical for her either. I guess there needs to be something in between. But why someone would choose to wear massive jokey ones for fashion purposes only is beyond me! smile

Germgirl Thu 27-Mar-14 13:29:18

Is that thingy from Coronation Street? I think she's channelling her inner 1980's Deirdre Barlow.
The massive big black rimmed glasses are awful. There's a girl at work who sometimes wears them, with clear glass, her eyes are fine. They just look daft!

capsium Thu 27-Mar-14 13:34:09

It's like any fashion. No right or wrong really, i can remember various types of frames being in fashion. At the moment I am sporting glasses of the what you'd probably describe as the 'jokey' variety , though not massive and they do help me to see.

I don't take it that seriously, especially since I have discovered how cheaply you can get them made up by internet opticians. If I fancy a change it is about the same price as buying a new top. Not everything has to be classic. Although I think my glasses are.

specialsubject Thu 27-Mar-14 13:48:49

big lenses are great for good vision, which is the point of glasses.

I have got used to smaller lenses now as they suit my face shape better, and are lighter in weight. But the reduced field of clear view is the penalty.

no idea who this woman is but they suit her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now