Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about nails...

(9 Posts)
Florabeebaby Thu 27-Mar-14 10:38:49

I'm going on a really nice holiday in May. I would love to have nice nails but I have 2 young children, one still in nappies so hands get wet a lot and can't have very long nails.
Do I go for gel, shellac, minx??

I don't know, help me.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 27-Mar-14 10:54:05

Rub Vaseline into your nails every day, you'll see an almost immediate improvement.

I have a shellac done every 2 weeks now. It is my lifesaver some days to just look down and see that my nails are all clean and tidy.

I'd thoroughly recommend one for someone who uses their hands a lot as it simply doesn't chip like other nail polishes do. Also, going every 2 weeks keeps my nails a nice shape and cuticles at bay.

Just make sure you get it removed at the salon as taking it off yourself (unless you properly know how) can really ruin your nails.

ilovepowerhoop Thu 27-Mar-14 12:03:50

I took my shellac off at home and it was really easy, no expertise needed (just cotton wool pads, acetone and foil required) - thanks youtube!

ilovepowerhoop Thu 27-Mar-14 12:04:08

I wasnt paying someone £8 to take it off for me

Ooh right mine gets taken off free when I get it replaced but I will look into that next time I need to do it myself.

Florabeebaby Thu 27-Mar-14 19:59:14

So shellac rather than gel then? I friend of mine does her own shellac and said she can take them off for me...will have them done professionally though.
My nails are pretty good, nice white tips naturally but when you are away it's sometimes nice to make an extra effort!!

ilovepowerhoop Thu 27-Mar-14 20:07:25

shellac is gel - it is cured under uv light.

randomfemale Thu 27-Mar-14 20:10:20

Another vote for shellac - my salon does not charge extra to remove the old - they just ask that you turn up 10 mins earlier to give time to soak off smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now