Talk

Advanced search

bra people - can you help pregnant mum buy nursing bras in advance?

(10 Posts)
eggybrokenoff Tue 25-Mar-14 08:22:25

I am 32 weeks pregnant, have various sizes older maternity and nursing bras. currently wearing a 36 band. cant remember if band size goes up or down after pregnancy so if I should be buying tight or loose nursing bras. I quite like the style and pricw of some h and m ones at the moment so would like to buy soon if I can

Generally after birth you go down in the back and up in the cup but I wouldn't buy many as you could end up a dramatically different size.

Ps...have you been intervened or bravissimo fitted?

TeWiSavesTheDay Tue 25-Mar-14 09:09:18

Unfortunately I've found you can't really predict what your boobs will do.

At the end of your pregnancy your rib cage spreads a bit and back size obviously goes up, this will go down again after birth. Your cup size will normally increase when your milk comes in, but may settle at a slightly smaller size if you bf long term.

For now i'd make sure you're in the right bra size - get measured at bravissimo or similar (not mothercare! Or m&s) measure yourself up for a rough guide to start with.

eggybrokenoff Tue 25-Mar-14 13:16:52

I am too tiny for bravissimo I would be laughed out of the shop!! I normally do have a bigger cup size when bfeeding which goes back down after a few months. but I need a bit more room to put breast pads in as I like the thicker washable ones.

HazleNutt Tue 25-Mar-14 13:19:54

Sure? Most people are D cup or larger, if measured correctly.

TeWiSavesTheDay Tue 25-Mar-14 13:21:50

Honestly I have tiny boobs (no more than a handful) and bf wear a 28ff.

TeWiSavesTheDay Tue 25-Mar-14 13:39:44

There's a good explanation here if bra fitting without adding numbers give it a go! I used to wear 32a's! Now not bf I'm a 28dd/e which fits vastly better no boobs popping out the bottom, and a 28ff bf.

Can someone link to the bra guru blog fitting page please?

Can someone link to the bra guru blog fitting page please?

TeWiSavesTheDay Tue 25-Mar-14 14:14:13

bra guru that's what it's called! I kept googling bra intervention and couldn't find it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now