Talk

Advanced search

Clown legs or muffin top

(8 Posts)
Toospotty Mon 24-Mar-14 15:29:49

I'm losing weight at the moment and have reached a tricky point. I usually wear mostly leggings but do like jeans. Given my size (was up to size 22 at one point) I buy cheap Sainsburys jeans, and I now have one pair I wear and one new pair the next size down.

So my dilemma is that my current pair are way too big in the leg and make me look bigger than I am. They are OK round the waist - loosish but not falling down because of my big hips. The size down fit my legs properly and will do up round the waist but give me a right muffin top, something I've always tried to avoid.

So which pair should I be wearing? Hopefully soon I will lose more weight and the muffin top will lessen, but that's probably a few weeks off.

MrsPeacockDidIt Mon 24-Mar-14 16:19:35

disclaimer: i am not a fashionista grin

I have a couple of pairs of trousers that look great on my bum and legs but give me a bit of muffin top and I just make sure I wear a floatyier top with those particular trousers.

RaisinGirls Mon 24-Mar-14 17:29:22

you could wear the smaller pair but with an extender for the button bit? Like what you can get when you are pregnant or just use a thin hair band which is what I used in my first few months of pregnancy as Im a cheapskate
That, plus tops which don't sit above / dead on the waist line should make you look fab.

Well done on losing all the weight btw - you must be chuffed with yourself thanks

Allinafankle Mon 24-Mar-14 20:44:12

I have the same problem and I'm persevering with the size down as the bigger size are beginning to look frankly ridiculous, not only on the legs but also on the very baggy bottom area! I really need an in-between size !

Glossolalias Mon 24-Mar-14 22:20:50

I'd wear the muffin top ones but make sure you wear a top that covers the muffin top up

burnishedsilver Mon 24-Mar-14 22:49:12

Maybe they're not the right fit for you as you get smaller. I'm a size 10/12 and the wrong jeans give me a major muffin top. At one point due to illness I went down to an 8 and still had a muffin top. Shop around for a pair better suited to your shape. You don't have to spend a lot but you shouldn't have to choose which part fits. It should all fit no matter what size you are.

Toospotty Tue 25-Mar-14 09:31:38

Thanks, everyone. I'm a parent to two under-3s so my shopping opportunities are virtually nil! Jeans shopping doesn't really get a look in.

Anyway, I put the smaller size on this morning and the muffin top is far smaller than last time I tried them! So I've gone small size and floaty top, and am feeling pretty damn good!

burnishedsilver Tue 25-Mar-14 10:31:40

Good for you! Congrats on the weight loss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now