Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get shoes with Clarks comfort, but a bit more stylish?

(23 Posts)

I'm after a pair of heels for a wedding, and maybe some wedges for the summer for work, but I'm not loving the Clarks new range.

Clarks are the only brand I can wear all day without resorting to flats or bare feet, so I need something super-comfy.

I also need a half size and a wide fitting, so I'm not asking for much!

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks

IDugUpADiamond Mon 24-Mar-14 13:29:23

Duo might work for you
www.duoboots.com/

Thanks Duo, their shoes look lovely but they don't do half sizes sad

fussychica Mon 24-Mar-14 18:24:58

Hotter but may not be trendy enough.

They look so comfortable! But I fear I would be placed in the corner with the nanasblush

I think I'm held hostage to Clark's. Surely there's a gap in the market here, trendy but comfortable shoes? If I had any idea what I was doing I'd start a business.

DaftSkunk Mon 24-Mar-14 19:28:40

M&S? I find their shoes pretty comfy.

cherryhealey Mon 24-Mar-14 20:09:24

Fly? Camper? Staccato?

Chewbecca Mon 24-Mar-14 20:17:27

Gabor is my other go-to for comfy wide half sizes. They have lots of dodgy designs but occasionally I find a nice pair, especially for work shoes.

Sorefoot Mon 24-Mar-14 20:23:07

Check out Art Company shoes, they have some nice summer styles here.

Yika Mon 24-Mar-14 20:27:19

I like camper and indeed most Spanish shoes are both stylish and comfortable. I found some great heels by a make called zinda. Not sure where you might get them in the uk, have a look online.

tethersend Mon 24-Mar-14 20:49:55

There's loads of brand new past season Clarks shoes on eBay.

Or you could try Esska; their shoes are amazingly comfortable.

DearTeddyRobinson Mon 24-Mar-14 20:54:56

Geox! Nice thick soles, lots of support, & I get lots of compliments when I wear mine smile

bonvivant Mon 24-Mar-14 21:05:04

M&S Insolia are very comfy!

Twinklestein Mon 24-Mar-14 21:08:08

Checkout Tamaris, Gadea, Hoegl, Pas de Rouge, Pons Quintana, Arche

Shoon has a good selection

NearTheWindymill Mon 24-Mar-14 21:11:58

Now don't flame me but I have found really nice, elegant shoes by Van Dal. I have slightly wide feet too. There is also a shop called Shoon, I think? and they have comfy, nice shoes too.

WildThong Mon 24-Mar-14 21:13:05

Gabor! Mega comfy and some of them are pretty.

Fairylea Mon 24-Mar-14 21:14:07

If you can be bothered to wade through the hideous ones (and there are many) then pavers might be worth a look smile

madcatlady444 Mon 24-Mar-14 21:16:21

Fitflop are fab, they do loads of styles, not just flip flops, although no heels. I have lower back problem & they help loads

bewleysisters Mon 24-Mar-14 22:11:53

Camper or Fly London.

Geox, gabor, also try tkmaxx as their shoes tend to be good quality and lots of fairly up to date stuff.

Deathwatchbeetle Tue 25-Mar-14 06:08:27

A lot of the above sites do not mention wide fitting! Annoying because I like the look of some of them!

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 25-Mar-14 06:14:36

Lots of the suers mentioned don't specifically mention wide fitting, but tend to be wider by design than most other brands.

I'd add Irregular Choice and Nine West to the list to try

FamiliesShareGerms Tue 25-Mar-14 06:14:59

"Suers" = "Sites"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now