Talk

Advanced search

Trouser hems catch - worried about having an accident

(7 Posts)
ejayne Mon 24-Mar-14 11:45:29

I have narrow feet which means my shoes slip at the back. i find my trousers often get caught which as well as damaging the bottoms of the trousers has several times nearly caused me to trip.

Last week I nearly tripped while carrying a tray of hot drinks down the stairs at work.

Anyone got any solutions or experienced anything similar? I work in a converted townhouse with steep stairs.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 24-Mar-14 12:02:29

Heel grips?

TravelinColour Mon 24-Mar-14 12:45:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyVetinari Mon 24-Mar-14 13:02:50

7/8 length trousers?

LilyRose88 Mon 24-Mar-14 13:17:25

This happens to me too, and I also catch kitten heels in the hem of my trousers, even if the shoes fit. I now wear tighter and slightly shorter trousers to avoid accidents.

TheJumped Mon 24-Mar-14 13:20:28

Yes to shorter trousers! 7/8 styles - Boden bistro crop (in sale), Gap slim crop, White Company lovely ones but £££. And buy properly fitted shoes or wear flats, brogues, loafers or ballerina style all fashionable and smart for work.

hpickup Mon 24-Mar-14 17:56:57

If you have this problem with all shoes maybe ankle boots could be the answer. Alternatively, depending on your office leave your shoes off and go stockinged footed at least on the stairs.

If your'e in trousers most peole won't even notice and it's better than having a fall!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now