Talk

Advanced search

Do any of you use Skechers trainers (tone up, shape up...)

(12 Posts)
IDugUpADiamond Mon 24-Mar-14 11:09:21

Are they any good?
I'm tempted because I'm really short and they seem to have a bit of a wedge. I know, vain, but I can't help it; all my walking partners are extremely tall!!

hiddenhome Mon 24-Mar-14 13:41:03

Yes, I have two pairs (shape ups) and they're great. I wear mine because I have plantar fasciitis, but they do make you look taller grin

IDugUpADiamond Mon 24-Mar-14 13:54:52

sold!!
thanks hidden
grin

IDugUpADiamond Mon 24-Mar-14 14:08:44

are these authentic you think?
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151118899243?clk_rvr_id=608092909396

hiddenhome Mon 24-Mar-14 14:13:22

Yes, they look okay. I get mine off ebay and have never had any problems. I got a good bargain on some leather ones once smile

They are vair comfy and they do actually tone your bum and thighs. My legs are a lot stronger now than they were and I can walk for miles in them. I have a pair for work and a pair for everyday use. You can also buy sandals, but they don't add as much to your height.

IDugUpADiamond Mon 24-Mar-14 14:22:03

Thanks hidden, one more question, do you find them to be true to size?

DaddysBigTummy Mon 24-Mar-14 14:25:27

What size are you after? I have some in a 7, I've only worn them a few times. I don't like the extra height they give me! I prefer to wear converse most of the time these days. They are the metabolize ones I think.

IDugUpADiamond Mon 24-Mar-14 14:28:27

Hi Daddy I'm a size 5 but have wide feet so wonder if I might need a 5.5

DaddysBigTummy Mon 24-Mar-14 14:35:51

Oh mine would be massive on you then! My other skechers (flex) are a 6 I think but I'm sure my feet have shrunk cos 6 used to be tight and all my size 7 shoes are too big now. I'm not sure how that happened!

hiddenhome Mon 24-Mar-14 16:23:52

They fit quite big. I'm a 5.5 but a 5 fits me fine.

fedupandfifty Mon 24-Mar-14 16:46:06

I have a pair of shapeups in a dolly style with strap over. I don't like them. They are really heavy to wear and too hot for summer,imo. I wear them for zumba but won't wear them outside as they are hideous. I have small feet, however, a 3. And cankles. Somehow I look even more cankly in them.

bigTillyMint Mon 24-Mar-14 16:49:19

I have had 2 pairs. I definitely noticed the difference when I first started walking in them - mainly my calves, but my core strength has improved a lot too. That might be more down to circuits though!

I used to walk long distances in them so I sized up half a size as your feet swell a bit when walking a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now