Talk

Advanced search

Help I need some sort of skin care routine!

(4 Posts)
Carltondance Sun 23-Mar-14 20:09:46

I'm 31 and don't do anything to look after my skin. So far it's been fine because a. I have good genes (both my dm and dgm look far younger than they are) and b. I've never smoked, but I think I do need to do something to try and keep it that way.

Basically I need some recommendations for skin products I should be using (or at least where to find out this information). I've got combination skin, it can be quite oily and I'm very prone to spots but in the last few years it's felt quite dry at times, especially in the winter.

The one product I have that I do use is an exfoliator which I use about one a week/fortnight, but other than that my face just gets washed in the bath/shower and that is it. I also don't wear make-up other than on the odd special occasion.

Any help or advice anyway can give is greatly received!

alexheartbeauty Sun 23-Mar-14 20:16:03

Here's a good post on routines by skincare expert Caroline Hirons. I wouldn't try and do everything she suggests at once (unless you want to) but start slowly and see what works for you: http://www.carolinehirons.com/2013/06/routines-cheat-sheet.html

AntoinetteCosway Sun 23-Mar-14 20:29:06

I'm 30 with combination skin at the moment (usually dry when I'm not pregnant) and this is my routine-hope it helps!

AM:
Moisturise with La Roche Posay Toleriane

PM:
L'oreal eye and lip make up remover
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish removed with a clean muslin
Liz Earle toner (think this is pretty useless but I love the smell!)
Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair
Same Toleriane moisturiser as in the morning

When necessary I use a variety of masks in different parts of my face-so I might use a clay mask on my chin and a hydrating one on my cheeks at the same time.

Carltondance Sun 23-Mar-14 20:34:16

Antoinette, that's really helpful as a guide. Alex the blog post is really interesting and well written but massively overwhelming - I'm really not sure where to start!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now