Talk

Advanced search

What have you added to your beauty regime now you are older?

(14 Posts)
JimmyCorkhill Sun 23-Mar-14 20:06:01

I now pluck the upstanding grey hairs along my parting. When I use hair removing cream on my 'tache I also put some in my nostrils. Concealer is used on brown marks on my face.

What do you do now which would have horrified the younger you?

Chottie Sun 23-Mar-14 20:25:46

It's all too depressing to post actually, just think of the Forth Bridge smile

Floisme Mon 24-Mar-14 06:58:03

I pluck my chin. But I don't have any spots to squeeze any more so it evens out grin

DrankSangriaInThePark Mon 24-Mar-14 07:00:41

I do have spots now. Which I never had. <wails> I'm going in the wrong developmental direction clearly.

AwkwardSquad Mon 24-Mar-14 07:16:13

Hair removing cream in nostrils? Does it not burn like Hades?

JimmyCorkhill Mon 24-Mar-14 07:33:35

Not really, but what else can I do (wails)?

MrsMaryCooper Mon 24-Mar-14 07:35:44

Get my eyebrows done professionally, makes a big difference.

NotQuitePerfect Thu 27-Mar-14 14:14:45

Yes to chin-plucking, and use DH's nostril trimmers once in a while smile

Also, dare I say it, plucking out stray grey pubic hairs wink

Eliza22 Thu 27-Mar-14 14:18:15

I'm just not looking wink. Also, my eyesight is appalling now (all at once) so, if I take off my specs I look great!

bishbashboosh Thu 27-Mar-14 15:20:06

Dies hair removal on face work? Doesn't it grow back stubbly?

JimmyCorkhill Fri 28-Mar-14 08:20:24

Oh God, yes to what NotQuitePerfect said...and eyebrows too. I'm even getting grey eyelashes.

And now bishbashboosh has reminded me of the random hairs I get at the top of my snortcheekbones.

HappyGirlNow Fri 28-Mar-14 08:23:01

Botox and fillers - subtle of course - and dermaroller grin

Oh and sunblock and vitamin E cream.

RoyCroppersOldBag Fri 28-Mar-14 11:23:30

Use Moringa oil on my face at night - lovely smile. I had some Elemis Bliss capsules for Christmas which were fabulous and really made a difference to my skin, but I couldn't afford to buy again so I had a look at the ingredients and saw that Moringa oil was the main ingredient with a bit of rose or lavender oil added, so bought some off Amazon and although it doesn't smell quite as nice (I'm a bit tight and didn't buy any nice smelling oil to add to it smile ) it does the same job.

Not sure if it's because of this oil, but my eyebrows seem a bit thicker as well and not quite so sparse

Amrapaali Fri 28-Mar-14 11:40:09

I haven't added anything to my beauty regime. As I get older, I find I am actually shedding stuff. Gone are concealers, foundations, heavy creams, cellulite blasting stuff (yurgh!).

Its now back to basics for me. Clarins Oil at night. Moisturiser or SPF laced BB cream in the morning. A blast of toning rose water now and then. Seems to work...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now