Talk

Advanced search

Please help me accessorise this..

(3 Posts)
ToAvoidConversation Sun 23-Mar-14 14:34:26

I'm going to a wedding abroad in a few weeks and think I'm going to go for a yellow dress like this www.clothingattesco.com/womenswear/f+f-limited-edition-prom-dress/invt/jg211677

I'm a size 14 with big boobs, late twenties with dark hair. I was thinking black accessories with a chunky necklace. Should I try a petticoat to give it a 50s look?

Wedding is in California and I think likely to be about 25c? Would a petticoat be madness in that kind of heat.

Also I tend to get sticky legs. Can anyone suggest anything for under the dress?

Thanks in advance.

doublechocchip Sun 23-Mar-14 16:28:15

Hi pretty dress! I wouldn't go for black accessories, I think it would look a little 'harsh' next to the yellow especially for a summer Californian wedding. I would stick to tan coloured accessories to match the belt, (bag, shoes) and silver jewellery to keep it looking light. With that dress I'd have a short pendant style necklace with it being a V-neck and small earrings. They would look good against your dark hair as well.

M&S do tights which actually keep you cool in them, just had a quick google but the site is slow, one comes straight up though in 7 denier skin tone cooling tights would stop anything sticking to you and I wouldn't go for a petticoat sounds like it would be too hot and the dress is pretty enough I think on its own.

ToAvoidConversation Sun 23-Mar-14 16:52:15

Thanks! I hadn't thought about tan at all. Think you are right about keeping it light!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now