Talk

Advanced search

So confused about skin care, please help!

(5 Posts)
midnightmoomoo Sat 22-Mar-14 23:40:44

I'm a sucker for new products but have never found my holy grail skin care products and get so fed up buying things which irritate or my skin doesn't like!!!

I'm on a tight budget since DH was made redundant a few months ago so anything pricey is a no no, but the stress isn't doing me any favours, nor the crap I'm eating as comfort food either.

What products do you love? Preferably not too expensive, and easy to find! My skin is spot prone but not oily, and sensitive so I need to use gentle products............

sotiredfornow Sun 23-Mar-14 06:54:07

I don't know how gentle this is but the no7 hot cloth cleanser has been amazing for me. I much prefer it to the more expensive Liz Earle version. It comes in a massive bottle and if you can purchase when the no7 vouchers are out it would only cost you £4.95. Buy 10 white flannels for a few pounds from places like Primark, Ikea or Wilkinsons.

Micellaire water is also very good and very cheap.

I recommend double cleansing in the evening. I use the above two products one after the other.

Diet is definitely the most important thing. And you will actually save money cutting out junk food. The difference in your skin after a few weeks will be really noticeable. Sugar is the enemy!

I can't recommend moisturisers or toners as I'm just using up a selection of quite random purchases right now, none of which I'd repurchase. Someone else will come along to make suggestions. Good luck!!

Have a read of Makeup Alley reviews too!

FrugalFashionista Sun 23-Mar-14 07:04:50

I have adult acne prone sensitive dry skin.
The less skincare I use, the better my skin.
Currently enjoying fabulous skin and all I use is castile soap, Effaclar K moisturizer and micellar water. (Lily Lolo mineral makeup.)

I think I bought into products because pampering myself seemed really appealing and new products come with lots of promises. I discovered that I actually need a really minimalist routine when I got a bad facial eczema and had to discontinue everything. My 'hormonal' breakouts cleared up and haven't returned!

midnightmoomoo Sun 23-Mar-14 09:18:05

Thank you, I agree that my skin is better with a very simple regime, my problem I think is that I chop and change products too much in the search for the right ones!

I have a friend with perfect skin who says she uses Dove soap and Nivea day cream and that's it. I would love to be one of those people who can get away with something so simple!

I'll have a look at the No 7 stuff, I really like their makeup but haven't tried the skin care in a long time. I like Liz Earle but it's pricey and none of the moisturisers suit me.

Crutchlow35 Sun 23-Mar-14 09:22:19

Try superdrug radiance or vitamin e range. I am very surprised by these ranges. I was a huge LE fan but now use this. Couple of quid a time. Great bargain and works well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now