Talk

Advanced search

Bra help please!

(7 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Sat 22-Mar-14 19:51:19

I'm pregnant and as such my bra size has increased to about a 42F however I'm having trouble finding any bras! I could probably wear a 40G but given that I still have 15 weeks or so to go I'd rather get a 42.

So can anyone help?

What do you measure at the moment - measuring guide here

JustAboutAdeqeuate Sat 22-Mar-14 20:37:01

I bought a nursing bra by Royce today in John Lewis. I was advised to buy it tight-ish round the back as apparently my ribcage will go in a bit, and big-ish in the cups. I have 14 weeks left myself. They go up to a 40K and you could always add trt one on with a back extender for a bit more comfort. Online here but better to go instore and try on if possible.

AuntieMaggie Sat 22-Mar-14 21:05:23

I used to wear a 38/40F depending on the style but after doing that measuring thing you linked to I measured 41" and 51"

Both Debenhams and M&S only seem to stock up to a certain size in store (not big enough for me to try on in store)

OK, on that basis I don't think a 42F will have quite enough space for you. At the moment, I'd normally suggest trying a 40GG/h and 42G/GG. Normally you buy the bra so it fits well on the loosest hook, but this stage of pregnancy is one of the rare times to buy it to fit on the tightest hook (so you have some room to loosen it off) so I would say the 42s are probably a better bet in general.

I have a feeling that the Royce linked above is known to run big if you are looking for a nursing bra (although you may find a bra bought now won't be the right size for nursing as you'll go down in the band (probbaly back to a 3*) and up in the cup. HotMilk also do up to a 42H, as do elomi

JustAboutAdeqeuate Sat 22-Mar-14 21:27:48

Statistically is right, I bought my bra in a 36H today, I haven't been able to do up other bras with a 36 band at all.

I was very impressed by the shape (no sausage boob at all! ) as well as by the John Lewis size range, and how good the bra staff were.

AuntieMaggie Sat 22-Mar-14 21:51:48

Thank you. I'd written John Lewis off as none of their clothes are wide enough around the bust for me but will have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now