Talk

Advanced search

What would you wear?

(8 Posts)
Edenviolet Sat 22-Mar-14 19:42:00

Just to go out for lunch? Nowhere really fancy but the last time I went out for a meal was nearly 14 years ago (I have social issues)

I'm nervous and live in leggings, long tops and cardigans every day and don't usually bother with make up. I want to start trying to do more but I'm really anxious. Don't want to go over the top but want to look slightly better than usual.
Have lots of clothes in my wardrobe but never wear most of them.

What sort of outfit would look nice but not make me feel to different (and uncomfortable being away from my leggings!)

whereisshe Sat 22-Mar-14 19:58:21

I would wear a pair of slim fit dark denim or grey jeans, a pair of ballet flats, some kind of slightly floaty or otherwise semi interesting but plain coloured top (probably black or grey as I'm more into shape/texture than colour), a black blazer and a scarf.

BikeRunSki Sat 22-Mar-14 20:01:53

Where are you going ?

Edenviolet Sat 22-Mar-14 20:04:09

Just for lunch at pizza/pasta place. I am just so nervous! Stupid really isn't it. I thought if I could plan what to wear then that's one less thing to stress about!

MyNameIsSuz Sat 22-Mar-14 20:26:46

I'd also either do as whereishe said, or I'd adapt the long top into a casual dress, the leggings into thick tights, and stick with the cardigan but maybe a fine knit one. I'm usually most comfortable in a shortish dress and long cardigan, 200 denier black tights and boots. The dress makes me feel dressed up, but the more casual cardigan and boots stop me feeling overdressed.

MyNameIsSuz Sat 22-Mar-14 20:27:42

And no, it's not silly to feel nervous, I get exactly where you're coming from. Once you've sorted out what to wear you'll feel loads better, so relax and enjoy it once you have!

DameFanny Sat 22-Mar-14 20:29:54

Good news! According to the guardian style thing the current fashionable silhouette is a long tunic over skinnies. Which means there's some nice tunic-y tops/dresses in the shops right now - enjoy refreshing your wardrobe

Mrswellyboot Sat 22-Mar-14 20:33:56

I would wear smartish trousers like a tapered trouser and nice heels, top and blazer

Dressy but comfortable

I would also get my hair blow dried as a treat.

Hope you have a nice night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now