Talk

Advanced search

This new way of measuring for bras- just checking I have it right.

(4 Posts)
peachysweet Sat 22-Mar-14 19:32:14

I recently posted my measurements on one of the bra threads and was told to go down 1-2 sizes in the band (from a 32 to a 28, possibly 30). I have tried on quite a few bras from Bravissimo since then (online delivery as no store nearby).
I can do up the bras and they don't feel uncomfortable, although a lot tighter than I am used to. However, they do seem to make any excess skin/ fat stand out as it looks squashed. I am slim (size 8) and while not athletic, I'm certainly not flabby or untoned. The tight band seems to be accentuating any fat that I do have by squeezing it!
Help.

You need to scoopsmile It's basically a case of repositioning that in to the band.

Stand side on to a mirror (with the bra on), and lean forward a bit. Then, take your left hand, put it inside your right cup and reach round as far as you can towards your back/armpit. Pull all the excess skin/flab forward in to the cup, which will smooth out the back. Repeat on the other side

Repositioning it in to the bra I meant!

peachysweet Sun 23-Mar-14 00:00:51

Thank you. I will try that! I think I needed a cup size up in most of the bras I tried anyway so will need to retry and scoop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now