Talk

Advanced search

What can I wear to this do? I am so stupid with clothes!

(11 Posts)
clary Sat 22-Mar-14 18:56:10

And I have lost weight so nothing fits!

It's a do/dance for a colleague who is leaving - so some people will be in jeans, I don't want to look over the top, but I want to dress up a bit. Or even quite a bit.

I normally wear smart trousers or smart dresses/skirts to work and then otherwise have jeans and jogging trousers for home. What would be nice for out - something a bit zingy, a fancy top, a flirty dress?

I am 50 <gasp> and have gone from 11st4 in Nov to 9st 10 now so I want to show that off a bit too. Biggish bum compared to waist, big boobs (smaller than they were but still) so a bit of cleavage on show might be nice (that's a no-no at work so would be good for a change).

what's nice? Where should I look? I normally get my stuff in places like Gap, Boden, M&S errrm that's about it really. Sorry for the essay!

ShedWood Sat 22-Mar-14 19:26:57

How about some Capri pants, heels and a chest-flattering top (if that's the bit you want focus on!) possibly with some kind of jacket and a lovely clutch and statement necklace.

If it turns out to be fairly casual you won't look OTT but it's still dressy enough to fit in if people have decided to go full-on party wear?

clary Sat 22-Mar-14 19:32:09

Ooh that sounds good. Where's nice for a dressy top - I think if I get that I will be away IYSWIM!

ShedWood Sat 22-Mar-14 19:37:25

Something like this looks good (though you may want a lower cut top ;-). )

Http://www.schoolgatestyle.com/2013/12/Christmas-party-outfit-brightened-up.HTML

ShedWood Sat 22-Mar-14 19:39:34

Not sure if that link is right but try searching the schoolgatestyle.com blog and looking for chrsitmas party outfit.

whereisshe Sat 22-Mar-14 19:42:52

I wish I had an hourglass figure [sigh]...

What about a 50s style dress?

clary Sat 22-Mar-14 20:32:45

OOh that's nice whereisshe!

Shedwood can't get that website to launch sad

Glossolalias Sat 22-Mar-14 22:43:07

I think this is the school gate style blog post linked above www.schoolgatestyle.com/2013/12/christmas-party-outfit-brightened-up.html?m=0

Financeprincess Sun 23-Mar-14 12:28:38

Well done on your weight loss. I concur with the Capri pants/heels/nice top suggestion. It's a good look for spring. I noticed some nice prints on tops in Warehouse and Oasis?

Turquoiseblue Sun 23-Mar-14 16:08:31

You can't go wrong with a silk shirt either - try one in an emerald green on cobalt blue for night time,

clary Sun 23-Mar-14 16:36:40

Lovely ladies thanks.
Will search Oasis/Warehouse.

Never thought of myself as hourglass - sounds better than big tits/big bum! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now