Talk

Advanced search

How to go blonde from naturally mid-dark brown

(17 Posts)
MadameLeBean Sat 22-Mar-14 18:32:21

Without looking like an orange skunk?

Do I ask for an all over lift then highlights? Or just loads of highlights ?

Is this achievable???
Do not want it to look yellow at all (but I'm not aiming for the platinum look)

MadameLeBean Sat 22-Mar-14 18:32:55

Is it possible to add pics from the app or mobile site btw

Cocolepew Sat 22-Mar-14 18:36:48

Yes to pics on the mobile site.

MadameLeBean Sat 22-Mar-14 18:44:31

So the first pic is my hair and second is what id like

HelloBoys Sat 22-Mar-14 18:50:35

Sorry but that colour wouldn't suit your skin tone eyes. You need a Warmer or maybe platinum blonde.

That shade you've put is far too ash blonde (I think ash is right shade name!)

HelloBoys Sat 22-Mar-14 18:52:49

Ah no to the platinum.

Wouldn't you prefer to do it gradually and not all at once? It's a big change. Even to what I suggested. Lots of maintenance too. It could be dryer and also roots touch up etc.

thedrunkenduck Sat 22-Mar-14 19:07:58

Go for highlights. Maybe start with a 1/2 head and then if you like it move onto a full head. I'm a little bit lighter than you naturally (a shade or two) and I have all over blonde highlights (a lighter blonde and a darker blonde) and I'm satisfied.

I pay £82 for a half head at a top salon in Central London (in fact they have won awards for their colouring) and £110 for a full head. I can get away with every 3 months for half a head (although 6-8 is the recommended) and get a full head twice a year- June and just before Christmas.

Really depends on where you live and the standard of salon you are happy to use for a price. Mobile hairdressers will obviously charge less.

MadameLeBean Sat 22-Mar-14 20:12:14

Thanks for the tips will start with a few highlights I think and then take advice

I know it's likely to be drier but then can cut it off later .. I like change smile

MadameLeBean Sat 22-Mar-14 20:16:28

Plus starting to get greys so want to hide them .. Dyeing darker looks too "one colour"

MrsDavidBowie Sun 23-Mar-14 08:09:21

I would love to go blonde from same dark hair...I have some grey coming through.

Sicaq Sun 23-Mar-14 10:02:10

L'Oreal Excellence Dark Blonde took my hair from mid-brown to blonde, if you are interested in home colour. Didn't need pre-lightening.

thedrunkenduck Sun 23-Mar-14 12:01:49

DONT do it yourself. No matter what people say- those from home dyes are full of damaging chemicals and aren't the same as going to a professional salon and getting it done.

Take it from someone who spent 20+ years using them and hair is now is a state from doing so. Not to mention most people don't use them properly and walk around looking like a clown.

If you can't afford to pay someone who knows what they are doing to do it- don't do it at all.

Roussette Sun 23-Mar-14 12:41:57

OP your hair looks beautiful as it is but if it's something you really want to do I agree with drunkenduck do NOT do it yourself as the colour change is quite drastic.

Missmagnolie Sun 23-Mar-14 13:38:12

I second rousette, your natural hair colour is really nice. Maybe you could just get a few gold highlights to lift your colour. A good colourist will be able to advise!

MadameLeBean Sun 23-Mar-14 14:18:26

Will start with natural looking highlights to hide the greys then take it from there.. Thanks

Xfirefly Sun 23-Mar-14 14:32:46

coming from someone who's recently fried their hair and may need it cut off please go to a professional smile

Imscarlet Sun 23-Mar-14 15:39:22

I've recently made the same change. I got a full head of highlights, but the highlights were really really thin strands. It took the poor hairdresser hours to do it as my hair is quite thick, but the result is lovely!! Go full head of highlights, but you won't be "blonde" for a few rounds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now