Talk

Advanced search

Have you ever had a groupon/living social that's been really good?

(8 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Sat 22-Mar-14 18:18:42

This seems too good to be true. An elemis facial, body scrub and wrap for £28 lasting nearly two hours. How can they do that? It doesn't seem feasible for them.

Tanacot Sat 22-Mar-14 19:55:34

Not S&B but I got six months of Code School for $69 instead of $174 and it was legit. And awesome.

Er, I'm not actually American but for some reason all code talking is yankified in my brain.

Framboisier Sat 22-Mar-14 20:24:54

I think it's just considered as marketing spend ie if people go along on the cheap rates and like it, they will become customers and go back and pay normal rates in future

missmagnum Sat 22-Mar-14 20:36:31

I bought a family photography session, it was £15 for a one hour shoot and 8 prints. Of course they tried to sell us more and it was hard to resist, but we did and got nice family photos out of it. Very good value.

We have also booked a studio recording session for dsd and 8 friends for her birthday, it's like a party really, should be good fun. It was £40 includes 2 hours in the studio, photos and cd.

missmagnum Sat 22-Mar-14 20:37:48

Oh sorry blush just realised this is in s&b! Obviously neither of my examples are either.

Olivermoliver Sat 22-Mar-14 21:38:54

Have had 2 really good cut and highlights for £24 and a cut only for£12. Just bought another cut and highlight one.

Am too tight to pay full price!

Paintingrainbowskies Sat 22-Mar-14 21:52:08

Three years ago I visited a hairdresser for cut and colour for about £30, loved the stylist and have gone back every 3 months since! I would never have visited there otherwise. So I agree that the repeat business they may get is worth it.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 23-Mar-14 11:02:34

I've never had an elemis facial so I'm looking forward to it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now