Talk

Advanced search

Conference dinner tonight: what to wear?

(7 Posts)
bewleysisters Sat 22-Mar-14 11:25:26

My other half is at a trade union conference this weekend. This evening partners are invited for an evening event (sit down dinner and speeches etc). Wondering what to wear? He says the blokes will all be suited but has no idea what women will wear. My going-out wardrobe is vintage or otherwise quirky frocks, I normally team with a denim or leather jacket to take the edge off. Not sure this is going to work in this context? Anyone got any ideas?

Ujjayi Sat 22-Mar-14 11:52:22

I would wear a vintage dress with heels. Vintage transcends all dress codes IMO so no need to worry.

hollyangel Sat 22-Mar-14 12:17:18

I would say any dress that you would wear to a formal evening event will work. Err on the conservative side, not too clingy and not too short. But don't worry, people always end up wearing all-sorts at this type of event, so you'll be fine!

Snog Sat 22-Mar-14 13:03:54

I would gp vintage with a cardigan or bolero and just ditch the denim/ leather jacket for this event. Enjoy!

bewleysisters Sat 22-Mar-14 14:29:21

Thanks everyone, frock plus cropped cardi it is. What do you think about tights? Sheer/opaque etc?

homeaway Sat 22-Mar-14 14:58:36

Sheer is more dressy so that is what i would go for. Have a great time !

bewleysisters Sun 23-Mar-14 19:59:41

Thanks again. Worked perfectly and I felt very comfortable. Really diverse crowd. Some people in out and out evening wear, some in jeans, and all points in between.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now