Talk

Advanced search

Itchy, flaky scalp but greasy hair?

(6 Posts)
permaquandry Sat 22-Mar-14 11:20:32

From time to time, I have an slightly itchy and flaky scalp, doe at look

permaquandry Sat 22-Mar-14 11:23:56

Oops. Posted too soon.

It doesn't look like classic dandruff and my hair is still as oily as ever. I'm really happy with my shampoo having tried many over the years:- Aussie Mega and don't want to change it because I've just brought several bottles of it

Could anybody suggest something that I can use as an occasional treatment and still use my shampoo?

Sillysarah49 Sat 22-Mar-14 11:52:35

Having tried pretty much every shampoo available, I was prescribed Capasal shampoo (you can get it OTC). The dermatologist said it was psoriasis. This shampoo has really brought it under control and doesn't seem to get as greasy.

Walnut8 Sat 22-Mar-14 11:59:21

Get some head and shoulders shampoo. The zinc in it is fabulous. Sounds like dermatitis

Skivvywoman Sat 22-Mar-14 12:19:18

My hair is the exact same, and only thing that helps is head and shoulders itchy scalp

othgraph Sat 22-Mar-14 13:29:48

I've got the same problem. Have been using Philip B Anti-Flake shampoo which has improved things. Funnily enough, I was using the Aussie Mega shampoo too prior to Philip B. Shampoo is pricey though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now