Talk

Advanced search

Fabulous summer trousers to cover scarring?

(14 Posts)
QueenofLouisiana Sat 22-Mar-14 08:03:29

I'm being treated for a condition which has left a huge, very ugly mark on the front on my leg. While I am pleased that it has been caught and won't do any more damage, the mark is horrible- skirts will be out, at least until next year. (Only thick tights would cover it)

So, I am now planning a new summer wardrobe- every cloud and all that. I want gorgeous trousers, must be full length, I think even 7/8 length will be too short. I'm a 14, curvaceous of arse!

Alternative, can anyone suggest a really good camouflage make up?

Pollywallywinkles Sat 22-Mar-14 08:28:24

https://www.changingfaces.org.uk/Skin-Camouflage/Camouflage-creams

Links to camouflage makeup.

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 22-Mar-14 08:45:57

I always wear trousers in summer as I don't like my legs! I opt for linen/linen mix trousers, which you can get in a range of colours from just about anywhere. If you're looking for bargain prices, I'd start somewhere like sainsburys TU, then new look, matalan etc.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 22-Mar-14 09:23:37

The Gap True Straight trousers are a thick cotton twill and are lovely. Also, the Gap Ultra Skinny trousers are the same material, but a cigarette cut. I think they will be long enough for you, but the true straights are longer. Size down in the Ultra Skinnies, up to 2 sizes.

The Zara coated chinos are terrific, and a bit different (coating on chinos).

QueenofLouisiana Sat 22-Mar-14 18:01:50

I've booked my lovely MIL to come make up shopping, once the mark has settled a bit.

Will have a look at Gap, I think I've had TU linen trousers in the past and loved them I'd forgotten until now.

Thanks Ladies.

CMOTDibbler Sat 22-Mar-14 18:07:16

I got some fab advice on covering a very livid scar from a MAC makeup artist - she showed me that the purple tone of the scar could be neutralised with red lipstick, then it just needed a bit of concealer, and the larger area blended with their face and body foundation. Looked far better than using the heavy concealer from camouflage ranges, and the foundation and lipstick look great on my face too.

southeastastra Sat 22-Mar-14 18:13:59

there are lots of trousers around like this at the moment

Bunbaker Sat 22-Mar-14 18:17:38

Wouldn't skinny and ultra skinny trousers be too uncomfortable in very hot weather?

baggyb Sat 22-Mar-14 18:17:54

I was just about to say Gap too!

freerangeeggs Sat 22-Mar-14 18:18:22

Topshop have loads of gorgeous patterned trousers just now. Some of them are slightly cropped, so watch out for that, but they have plenty of lightweight full-length ones too.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 22-Mar-14 18:24:32

If you try the cropped slim ones, they are a lighter weight fabric (if you get the navy or the tan (called khaki) than the black cotton twill. I don't usually find it too hot for cotton trousers here in the UK (I'm in London) - only the odd week in summer. I feel the cold, in general, though.

Cocolepew Sat 22-Mar-14 18:26:39

Tu has slim leg linen trousers as, well as well as slim leg, more like, a cigarette pants. H & M have nice printed trouser.

goodasitgets Sat 22-Mar-14 18:57:03

How about maxi skirts?

Blu Sat 22-Mar-14 19:06:53

M&S have some nice wide legged lined trousers in white and navy, and Uniqlo have some summer trousers in their 'Parisienne' range that I thought looked good.

Glad your treatment has been successful - I wouldn't take any notice of scars, people have them...but I can understand you feeling self conscious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now