Talk

Advanced search

Do you have an 'old faithful' shampoo and conditioner?

(19 Posts)
HexBramble Sat 22-Mar-14 07:21:24

Regardless of how I am lured into buying expensive and well-marketed wonder hair products, I am always disappointed. Herbal Essences (older range) for normal hair, in the larger chunkier bottles cleanses and conditions my hair a treat.

That said, I know water changes in different areas - a weekend visit to a Dublin guesthouse had travel sizes bottles of The Scottish Company 'Au Lait' shampoo&condit in one brought a magnificent shine to my hair, but I have never been able to replicate that since. Clearly I must move to Eire grin.

HexBramble Sat 22-Mar-14 09:18:11

Bump

HalleLouja Sat 22-Mar-14 11:22:01

I like the Aussie shampoos and conditioners.

Dr Organic Argan Oil. I keep trying all the different sulphate/silicone free ranges for curly hair but this really is the best I've found so far.

EatShitDerek Sat 22-Mar-14 12:05:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 22-Mar-14 12:16:10

I tried the Dr Organic Vit E shampoo but it made my scalp really itchy sad

At the moment I've got some Liz Earle shampoo and conditioner .
Next time I go to London I'll buy a 1Litre of Aveda Shampure (DH and I both use this, I love the smell. It will last us a year. It is expensive but if I have that , I don't need to think about other shampoo, so I don't waste money ).

My DD loves Aussie products (especially when they are on 3 for £10 ) .

HexBramble Sat 22-Mar-14 18:47:55

Every other herbal essence product is a waste for me but the yellow bottle does the trick.

I'm always disappointed by everything else I buy.

Beamur Sat 22-Mar-14 18:48:54

Nope. If I use the same one all the time I end up getting itchy scalp and lank hair.

Fluffalump Sat 22-Mar-14 18:53:06

It Aussie for me too, miracle moist shampoo and the 3 min thingy conditioner.

Me too Beamur - I never buy the same twice in a row, but I do buy the Dr Organic one repeatedly, all the others tend to be one-offs.

piratecat Sat 22-Mar-14 20:07:12

i have used the Herbal blue coconutty one for a few yrs, it seems to like my hair which s dry on the ends, but fine. Yet i would love to find something new.
I have some blonde highlights, and i dye the rest of it a mid brown. I am naturally dark but it's mostly grey now.

It's shoulder length. Would love to find something lightweight, yet really nourishing.

would anyone have any ideas? I need a bit of shine, but can't find anything to put in my damp hair after washing/conditioning, or after blow drying.
I have some of that oil stuff which i use very sparingly on damp hair occasionally, but it can weigh it down.

picnicbasketcase Sat 22-Mar-14 20:08:01

Aussie and HerbalEssences.

bluebump Sat 22-Mar-14 20:14:26

The blue coconutty Herbal Essence ones work a treat for me which is good because I can always find it on offer somewhere so it's generally a bargain.

WallyBantersJunkBox Sat 22-Mar-14 20:14:35

Paul Mitchell detangler. I put my faith in a hairdressers advice to use a tiny amount of conditioner and a bottle normally lasts a year.

If I can't get it I get equally amazing results from Kevin Murphy Angel Rinse.

I have only ever been able to tolerate normal Head & Shoulders shampoo, or Phyto shampoos.

I have fine hair (but loads of it) and a sensitive scalp.

Shlurpbop Sat 22-Mar-14 20:16:30

Alberto balsam - cheap, smells great and is fab!

JennyOnAPlate Sat 22-Mar-14 22:48:19

Tresseme....the blue one for dry hair. Nothing else I've tried matches up.

Eliza22 Sat 22-Mar-14 22:56:31

John Frieda Full Repair stuff. Works for me.

TheReluctantCountess Sat 22-Mar-14 22:58:48

Aussie. Worth every penny.

PastaandCheese Sun 23-Mar-14 08:42:26

The blue bottle Bed Head. I buy a massive pump bottle of the shampoo and conditioner and it lasts forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now