Talk

Advanced search

Primer

(6 Posts)
MrsChocolateCupcake Fri 21-Mar-14 22:02:22

Hello,
Sorry for the million of make up related post's..
I am trying to improve my make up skills!

Do you actually need a primer? Never used it before but lots of the youtube clips use a primer... Is it essential?

peasandlove Sat 22-Mar-14 05:22:30

I never used one, despite having the benefit pore stuff for ages. Recently I've been putting it on all over my face prior to my foundation and it's really good. Why dont you buy a cheaper one and try it out? try the MUA one from superdrug

LaceyLee Sat 22-Mar-14 05:52:59

Not essential but can be useful. I did my own make up for my wedding and used smashbox primer which was excellent. I now just use it for 'special occasions' not every day cos its expensive, tho you don't need a lot. I got a sample size from boots. It helps everything stay on and evens skin out. Maybe depends on your skin though, if you have great skin could be unnecessary.

dunsborough Sat 22-Mar-14 06:02:53

As I get older I find I need it more.
I'm almost 40. I have been using the Estée Lauder one - which is excellent.
Recently bought the Revlon one to save a few $$ and it is really rubbish, and makes expensive Dior make up look cheap and cakey.

DrankSangriaInThePark Sat 22-Mar-14 06:14:24

It definitely makes a difference.

Barbara Daly Tesco one is the MN Holy Grail one I believe, though have never tried it.

I currently have the Garnier one which is fine. I would avoid the "gel" style ones as they seem a bit crap, I had a (IIRC) Maybelline gel one which was useless. I had Clarins Instant Smooth years ago, but the cheaper ones are just as good.

Apparently Lanacane anti chafe gel is the same as primer.

Smashbox are high end ones which are supposed to be the best.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 22-Mar-14 07:09:49

Lanacane is the same as smash box, really good stuff and only 6 quid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now