Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone wear white and look great ... When is it a fail?

(7 Posts)
deepest Fri 21-Mar-14 19:00:56

Looking to buy spring/summer work clothes and was thinking I would make ky simple with white linen tops...how do you know if white suits you? I have long uaburn hair and freckly fair complexion but always wear warm foundation

Snog Fri 21-Mar-14 20:44:22

white looks shit on me. I can tell because my skin looks awful!!!

TheJumped Fri 21-Mar-14 20:48:59

It really suits me, I'm a mousey blonde with highlights. It makes me looks summery and healthy - beige and cream I cannot wear at all, they make me look half dead. I love wearing white tops with denim in the summer. Looks better with a tan though. Go and try some on, that's how you find out!

SorrelForbes Fri 21-Mar-14 20:50:30

White is a good colour on me (I'm pale with a slightly olive complexion, dark hair and green eyes). I'm a HoC Winter if that helps at all? Creams, ivories and beiges look bad on me.

nikkihollis Fri 21-Mar-14 21:28:43

Best try a few tops on and see what you reckon. I love white tops. I wear cotton shirts, t shirts, sweatshirts in white. I have very dark brown hair, sallow fair skin and green eyes and I think white is good on me. I wear a few warm accessories with it - peachy and gold bracelet, pearl studs. On some people I think cream can look warmer on them then a stark white.

Ilovecoodomol Sat 22-Mar-14 09:50:38

Only Winters can wear white well, which are the rarest season. You may find if you are not a Winter but have good skin you can get off with wearing white and look okay and sometimes attractive people can look great in everything, but when people get older they really need their best colours. If you drape a white garment around your neck in front of a well lit mirror, no makeup in natural daylight you will be able to see clearer if it suits you or not. Focus on the skin around the eyes and mouth for any changes, or if you have any blemishes, red cheeks etc, look at those when draping as well. Try changing from white to other colours, try a cream, then a more golden cream if you have it, sometimes draping with only one colour is a bit confusing (I'll not bore you with the science of this but trust me, changing drapes will help you see the changes better). Focus on your face as you pull the drape around your neck and lay it over your chest. White can make a lot of people look sickly, drain colour in some it can actually throw up ashy patches on the face. Cover the white drape with a cream and focus on any changes, then cover the cream with a golden drape and see how that looks. Work backwards taking the drape off slowly one by one, sometimes the untrained eye can see the changes better when taking the drapes off.

Walnut8 Sat 22-Mar-14 11:56:56

I can wear stark white and nothing else (beiges, cream, ivory all look awful...). I know this because I had to try on every version of white when I went wedding dress shopping. I am a pale neutral toned blonde ... also suit bold colours ... does that help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now