Talk

Advanced search

Low bun

(12 Posts)
BeyondTheSea Fri 21-Mar-14 15:32:26

Can anyone tell me in simple terms how to do the low bun, is there a special hair thingy you need?

I don't mean the doughnut bun…

<not sure explaining self well>

NorbertDentressangle Fri 21-Mar-14 15:35:02

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean but have you tried looking on YouTube as there are hundreds of hair tutorials on there (DD is in to them)

BeyondTheSea Fri 21-Mar-14 15:37:02

Yes, I looked and not sure if I am just clueless, but I found it a bit confusing! I was hoping someone could tell me in simple terms.

Romcom Fri 21-Mar-14 17:23:34

Put your hair in a low ponytail, the height you want the bun. Twist the hair in to a rope and wrap it around the hair tie. Keep hold of the bun with one hand and secure with a few pins with the other hand.
Alternatively grab the loose hair in to a pony, but don't tie it, twist until in a tight rope, wrap round itself, and secure with a hair tie wrapped around it.
Hope that makes sense.

SugarplumKate Fri 21-Mar-14 18:06:55

Try looking for sock bun on you tube - very easy. Put the hair in a low. Ponytail. Put a sock with the toe cut off over in. Pull the hair over the sock and pin into place. Makes a great, messy bun.

TacitusMouse Fri 21-Mar-14 19:36:25

This looks really elegant and has a tutorial

If not just google low bun tutorial - loads of ideas come up

adagio Fri 21-Mar-14 19:42:40

another vote for low ponytail, twist the ponytail then wrap it around the elastic and pin - if you want it completely foolproof use a bun net from boots (the ones that are invisible once in place). Makes a nice, elegant 'done' look. Unlike a mid-high ponytail, which is all my hair is long enough for.

why the fuck didn't I complain when the hairdresser chopped 5 inches more than I asked for off at Christmas despite me showing her a picture of exactly what I wanted it to look like, and I still bloody paid sad

LlamateurDramatics Fri 21-Mar-14 19:59:05

I second the small things blog tutorials, there are a few versions of buns all of which look great and are quite easy to do.

BeyondTheSea Fri 21-Mar-14 20:24:11

Thank you so much - will give it a go tomorrow smile

BeyondTheSea Fri 21-Mar-14 20:27:26

Do the people with the lovely thick squishy buns (god I know that sounds wrong!!) use a hair piece? I have fine but lots of hair and the bun seems a bit small...

chipsandpeas Fri 21-Mar-14 20:28:23

i have a donut and found it fiddly for buns but got a set of hot buns at christmas and it makes it a lot easier if you want something quick

plus side as well you hair will prob come out curly when you take it out so ideal for day to night hair style

TheJumped Fri 21-Mar-14 20:31:35

I just do a low ponytail and only pull the hair halfway so I end with a loop. Makes it a bit bigger than a bun and much quicker! I also do a very low side parting and use lots of Batiste for body otherwise it looks flat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now