Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find a dress for my 40th birthday party!!

(12 Posts)
KEGirlOnFire Fri 21-Mar-14 14:39:35

It is my 40th in June.

I am size 12-14 and 5ft 8. My legs are very slim, as are my arms and my boobs are a 34e, roughly so if the dress is fitted it needs to be a 14...

My problem area is my waist. I struggle with keeping it slim so anything hour glass doesn't really work for me...

I am very pale in colour with mid-dark blond hair.

Red generally suits me really well, but I tend to stick to black for safety...

Any ideas?

My husband is arranging a big party for me and since January have lost a stone in weight, using my party as my weight loss goal. I hope to be a comfortable size 12 by the party...

Thank you

Gotta be a Westwood, if you're feeling flush.

Red one here

But I love this one the most

tethersend Fri 21-Mar-14 18:06:36

Couldn't agree more, Remus took the words right out of my mouth grin

What's the budget?

Draughts Fri 21-Mar-14 19:00:44

They are beautiful. Especially the second one.

KEGirlOnFire Fri 21-Mar-14 19:23:38

I love them both, but I'm not sure they're 'wow' enough for the money and the occasion... I'm not sure that I move in the sort of circles where someone would know it's a 'Westwood'... blush...

I am thinking around £150 as a top budget although I could go higher for the right dress...

Thank you!

TacitusMouse Fri 21-Mar-14 19:31:01

The purple one is lovely

123Jump Fri 21-Mar-14 19:33:59

If you are a 34e, you'll end a bra, and don't think the purple one would work then.
The red one is lovely.

tethersend Fri 21-Mar-14 19:41:20

something like this?

tethersend Fri 21-Mar-14 19:42:31

or this?

tethersend Fri 21-Mar-14 19:43:49

or this?

KEGirlOnFire Fri 21-Mar-14 22:36:13

Tether, like them all but LOVE the last one!!!

123jump, I won't actually need a bra... I had implants about 10 years ago and haven't had to wear a bra since, although of course I will if it makes a dress look better. You wouldn't know that my breasts were that big by the way, they don't look that big...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now