Talk

Advanced search

Help me find some funky and comfy trainers/pumps for outdoors...

(9 Posts)
lynniep Fri 21-Mar-14 11:28:15

...because in my vast collection of footwear - I seem to be missing those...

I tend to wear boots too mooch in around winter - and fitflops to mooch in during the summer, and a lot of work shoes where I don't need to mooch because I'm sat on my fat ass all day.

I seem to have a gap in my shoe cupboard (if I had a shoe cupboard and they werent all in a big pile under the stairs) for something to wear when we go out with the boys : for instance - into the woods, treks around town heading into museums and stuff, just going to the park but when its not the best weather.

I want something a bit more substantial than canvas pumps, I don't like trainers much but there are exceptions and I'm considering buying those.

I tried these on the other day because I liked the pattern, but whilst they were comfy, the shape at the back reminds me a bit too much of granny goes bowling. They are out.

I dont want to spend more than £30 but for something outstanding I will make an exception.

I want something that would probably look ok with black leggings and a frock (which is my staple wardrobe - along with long black cardi) so whilst I like bright colours, I'd probably be better off with something with a black base colour rather than uber-bright.

They do have to be comfy - I have arthritis in my big toe which is painful after much mooching. My fitflops are great - but open toes aren't best, especially when I'm thinking of taking the boys to bewilderwood. I dont like the look of fitflop trainers. I am big (sz 18) and want my footwear to balance me out a bit.

I don't want those canvas style walking shoes with elasticated straps (that help make my feet stink). I want something laceup.

Suggestions anyone? Before I just buy those trainers I linked to...(not from Amazon obviously as they arent in stock!)

2whippetsnobed Fri 21-Mar-14 18:12:16

Please don't buy those trainers - they are not that nice.

Have a look at the sketchers site for ideas perhaps?

I thought the Reiker shoes you linked to would be good. They have a reputation for being very supportive and comfy.

nikkihollis Fri 21-Mar-14 19:15:27

Please don't buy these Skechers ones for outdoors. I'm just about to take mine back on the basis they're flipping lethal if it's even slightly damp underfoot. Such a shame because they are amazingly comfy. I recommended them on another thread and then had to unrecommend them again after I'd been out in the damp!

www.amazon.co.uk/Skechers-Sketch-Ladies-Trainers-Charcoal/dp/B00G3Q5PKA/ref=sr_1_1?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1395429245&sr=1-1&keywords=skechers+shoes+uk+sketch+air

Crutchlow35 Fri 21-Mar-14 19:28:59

The first and second ones you have linked are awful. Sorry. If it is trainer type that you want then I second looking at sketchers. In an emergency I bought the go walk shoes. Amazingly comfy but not the prettiest. I will only ware them with flare jeans to cover them up a bit.

Both really, really horrible sorry - and do you really want to wear trainers and leggings together?

Leather Converse are brilliant, though are nearer £60 than £30. I'd say they are worth every penny though (and I say that as a, 'tight Northener' too!). grin

DaftSkunk Fri 21-Mar-14 20:22:43

I quite like the first ones blush.

FabULouse Fri 21-Mar-14 20:23:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

bishboschone Fri 21-Mar-14 21:39:35

I have Merrell barefoot in purple colours . Comfy and cool smile

lynniep Fri 21-Mar-14 22:52:38

PMSL. I have had a bit to drink though! 2whippets that's so lovely and tactful, followed by remus - tell it like it is grin

No leather converse. Yuk.
Merrell Avian and siren - too hiking. I don't want hiking. They are too solid. I want soft.

Merrel Barefoot - slightly better.

thank you for your suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now