Talk

Advanced search

Dip dye?done it?

(8 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Thu 20-Mar-14 22:29:07

I've just about grown my highlights out but I'm due to go tomorrow. I really don't want to be talked into going blonde again I'm too broke/lazy to maintain it. How does a dip dye work?

plannedshock Thu 20-Mar-14 22:30:37

How do you mean? Like how do they do it? Or maintenance?

Lighthousekeeping Thu 20-Mar-14 22:34:37

Both really. Is it hard to keep up and how do you decide on the colours?

foolssilver Thu 20-Mar-14 23:22:21

I love it for maintenance, after years of being mega blonde that needed constant upkeep it is a dream.

I have a bayalage grown out highlights type look rather than straight dip dye. It doesn't really need any upkeep but I do need my roots done as I'm starting to get some pesky Grey's.

plannedshock Fri 21-Mar-14 20:53:45

It's easy to upkeep you just touch up the top when needed and after a few cuts you add more blonde, you decide on the colours depending on your own colour (don't go too light if you're dark you don't get a nice blend)

TheJumped Fri 21-Mar-14 21:01:28

I don't like it, it always looks like a dye job that's grown out to me. And lighter hair around the face is much more flattering so it never suits anyone either, IMHO.

Mintyy Fri 21-Mar-14 21:03:08

Only the teenagers do it where I live.

nonameisgoodname Fri 21-Mar-14 21:05:12

I did it and regretted it as my hair was too short for it to look good. I think it depends on hair length and colours. Very easy to maintain though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now