Talk

Advanced search

Size 8/10 jeans for 46 year old

(12 Posts)
way2serious Thu 20-Mar-14 20:12:19

I have lost a bit of weight and my jeans (and other trousers) are now too big. Which jeans would you recommend for me to look at - I am now a size 8/10, am 5foot 4 and a young at heart (hopefully!) 46 year old. The last pair I bought (2 sizes ago) were from Gap which I have been very pleased with.

somersethouse Thu 20-Mar-14 20:16:34

I just bought some skinny jeans from Mango, 19 euros, I am sure they will have them in the UK. They come in all different colours and are really flattering, I am size 8 too, I got white ones and navy blue. They had pink, teal, green etc.

They will look great with sandals in the spring and summer.

I am 44!

way2serious Thu 20-Mar-14 20:17:29

Thanks. I hadn't thought about Mango.

bettykt Thu 20-Mar-14 20:18:46

I'm around your age and size and I wear Primark skinny jeans, not normally a fan of cheap clothing but these are great at £10 a pop, I have them in 3 different shades of grey and a black pair. They are extremely comfy and come in different lengths too. Got some bleach on one pair, thought nothing about throwing them away and buying another pair now if they'd have cost £££ I'd be crying.

somersethouse Thu 20-Mar-14 20:24:47

I am with you bettykt, I thought I'd get some just for this summer and get cheap ones, they fit really well and I could get two pairs rather than one.

I don't normally like Mango way2, also skinny jeans often fit my legs but not my stomach. These ones are really excellent. They seem really tight at first but do give quite a bit so bear that in mind if you do try them on.

Good luck in your search!

bialystockandbloom Thu 20-Mar-14 20:37:07

Lee jeans are nice - I recently got the Jade skinny tube ones. I'm similar to you except an inch taller and couldn't get into an 8 and they're a really nice length with flat shoes/sandals/trainers. I'm 44.

way2serious Thu 20-Mar-14 20:38:34

Thanks for all the ideas. Think I need to plan a serious jeans shopping trip to try all these on!

bialystockandbloom Thu 20-Mar-14 20:38:50

Oh and meant to say I got 27 waist in those - you'd probably be a 26.

way2serious Thu 20-Mar-14 20:51:09

I will get the tape measure out and check!

BelindaAllWorkedOut Thu 20-Mar-14 20:56:26

Zara. Their skinnies are very good.

iloveeverton Thu 20-Mar-14 21:09:54

I always wear new look jeans have nearly every colour! Some I've had 2 years and are wearing well. Prefer them to the diesel pairs I spent a fortune on.

Amethyst24 Thu 20-Mar-14 21:25:38

River Island Molly jeggings are fab. High-waisted, great fit, wear well and come in loads of different washes. They're a bit expensive for a low-end high-street brand, but I love them to bits.

Or A/Wear skinnies are good too, come up quite big though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now