Talk

Advanced search

Cutting & Threading - Glasgow recs needed please

(9 Posts)
JohnCusacksWife Thu 20-Mar-14 13:45:07

I've been getting increasingly disgruntled with my usual hairdresser and have decided to ditch her and find someone new. Are there any Glasgow-based S&Bers who could recommend a really good cutter? Glasgow city centre or the northern suburbs, ideally.

Also I'm trying to work up the courage to get my eyebrows threaded instead of my usual incompetent tweezing. Any recs for that too?

7to25 Thu 20-Mar-14 23:02:10

Douglas and Lee in bath St.

williaminajetfighter Thu 20-Mar-14 23:06:16

Rainbow room. West end. Sarah Jane is fab!

Debenhams have a Benito brow bar with threading. They will also 'dye' your brows which makes a big difference if your brows are patchy.

foolssilver Thu 20-Mar-14 23:13:00

Second Benito in Debenhams, I make sure I get an appointnent with Sonia as I like the shape she does.

Hairwise I have started going to a local salon called Pinups in Dennistoun. They are great and cheap, much better cut and colour than the expensive salons I used to use. They are on fb under pinups salon

foolssilver Thu 20-Mar-14 23:16:23

Sorry it is pinups hairsalon

JohnCusacksWife Fri 21-Mar-14 10:37:32

Thanks ladies...will check these out.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 21-Mar-14 10:39:10

I like Rebel Rebel on Union street for hair. I love superdrug on Argyle Street for my eyebrows (but only that one!).

JohnCusacksWife Fri 21-Mar-14 10:42:34

I wondered about Superdrug....nto sure about being threaded in front of the queue for the tills though!!

SchroSawMargeryDaw Fri 21-Mar-14 10:49:45

I was a bit confused about it too, definitely the best threading I have had though and they were very quick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now