Talk

Advanced search

Help - suddenly dry hair

(13 Posts)
PsychicPaper Thu 20-Mar-14 11:43:58

My lovely long thick shiny hair has in two weeks turned into a straw like mess.

I have no idea why?

I have tried various sulfate free shampoos, mask and rescues, but nothing doing!

This has never happened before, I could cut it, to improve condiiton, but I am getting married in 4 weeks and have been growing it for that since we got engaged.

Any ideas oh wise ones?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 20-Mar-14 11:58:56

Coconut oil will sort out it!

PsychicPaper Thu 20-Mar-14 12:36:34

Stupid question...

Where can i buy coconut oil, and what do I actually do with it?

Ilovecoodomol Thu 20-Mar-14 12:49:27

I had the same problem after my second baby, I tried several (some expensive) products but found that Asda sell a brilliant product called Argan Gold Hair Vitality Oil for only £4.99. It is better than the £40 stuff from my local hairdressing supply shop and the stuff my hairdresser uses, he actually commented on the condition and shine of my hair and asked me what I was using! It comes in a little bottle with a pump, two small squirts is enough for my whole head of hair (which is very long). Don't put it on the roots though as it may make your hair look greasy.

quietbatperson Thu 20-Mar-14 13:02:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 20-Mar-14 13:04:01

You can buy it from tesco, Amazon, any kind of world market.

I rub it on the ends and leave over night then wash off in the morning. Works a treat.

sotiredfornow Thu 20-Mar-14 14:55:06

Do you rub it into dry hair? Or damp?

PsychicPaper Thu 20-Mar-14 15:08:30

oh god, pregnant??!?!?

i thought it was just a hair issue! eeek

stuckonthecountertop Thu 20-Mar-14 15:10:28

Sounds daft, but the L'Oreal fibrology deep conditioning treatment is really good, when left on for a bit. I've got quite fine flat hair, and it works a treat on that, without flattening it down, so it should be good for this! Plus the treatment is strengthening so it should help stop any snapping.

HazleNutt Thu 20-Mar-14 15:19:24

I had the same, hair got suddenly really dry and it also started breaking. Thyroid problems, as it turned out.

Beaverfeaver Thu 20-Mar-14 18:26:15

Mine did the same. I started using masks and they didn't touch it.

I moved onto Organix argan oil shampoo and conditioner and it has turned my hair around within a matter of uses

JenniMoo Thu 20-Mar-14 18:30:13

I thought my hair was dry and straw like but it turned out to be build up as I tried the tresemme deep cleansing shampoo and that, combined with conditioning, really helped.

PsychicPaper Fri 21-Mar-14 09:23:40

so i have loaded up with various shampoos and treatments, let see!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now