Talk

Advanced search

Finally going for some obagi stuff...

(12 Posts)
TeaJunky Wed 19-Mar-14 21:34:20

Obagi products scare the hell
Out of me. It's a fact! grin Possibly something to do with the countless times I've been told my face will fall/melt off upon application grin so anyway I've dug around here on mumsnet and all over to find out what's best for hyper pigmentation left over from acne. The answer has been unanimously obagi, and after looking at all the products in the nu derm set and talking to various people (and a nurse at transform clinic), I think the obagi blender (with hydroquinone) mixed with tretinoin cream is best. I already use tret and have been for a few months now, but Havnt bought any obagi yet - now I'm after just the blender - can anyone reccomend a reliable place to order from please?

TeaJunky Wed 19-Mar-14 21:49:34

Ok, I'm getting more scared now blush

TeaJunky Wed 19-Mar-14 22:23:47

Bumping ....

VenusDeWillendorf Thu 20-Mar-14 09:50:55

I've no idea where to order from..
Perhaps that nurse could suggest somewhere.

Fwiw, I use a 2.5% peroxide bleach creme for about 5£ which evens out skin tone, and stops spots.
Any chemist stocks it.

TeaJunky Thu 20-Mar-14 09:58:12

Wow, Venus, peroxide bleach....do you apply it to just the hyper pigmented spots or the whole face?

CarolBornAMan Thu 20-Mar-14 10:08:59

you need to go to a dermatologist as it is prescription - surprised you can get tret without one?

I used it all last year .. be prepared for using it forever as the second you stop even with SPF the prigmentation comes back.. check out the old threads .. having said that, I thought it did make a difference to my skin when I did use it..

VenusDeWillendorf Thu 20-Mar-14 10:16:23

It's a creme and designed for acne. Neutrogenia do one at 2.5% as do Brevoxyl, at 4% benzoyl peroxide.

It's a moisturised cream, and it's fab. Some reviewers here say it's free on the NHS. But five quid isn't too much for 40g.

TeaJunky Thu 20-Mar-14 12:18:47

Carol, what kind of hyper pigmentation did you have? I have marks from spots. I don't understand how they'll come back once they've faded away, unless I get new ones?

TeaJunky Thu 20-Mar-14 12:35:02

Oh and carol, which brand name do you use? I've had a quick search of brevoxyl and it looks like it's discontinued in the uk

TeaJunky Thu 20-Mar-14 12:35:20

Sorry I meant Venus for the last question!

CarolBornAMan Fri 21-Mar-14 12:18:04

I had just general pigmentation - marks from spots, freckles, sun damage, you name it! I spoke to the dermatologist who prescribed it and she agreed that you need to continue to use the products as pigmentation does return - no idea why but I can tell you it did for me!

I am not going to use it again as no way is it worth the $$ - I got similar results using Bravua for pppps

alexheartbeauty Fri 21-Mar-14 20:38:44

I've just ordered the the Obagi tretinoin here:
www.skinstation.co.uk
I can't vouch for them yet I haven't received it but the price is good.
I'll update when it (hopefully) arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now